2017 XLT Crank No Start

Spotted Bull

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Waxahachie, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer XLT 4wd
Hello. This is my first post in this forum. But now that I know about it I am sure I will be back.

So I drove my 2017 XLT with about 140,000 miles on Wednesday evening. Filled it up with fuel and drove it home. No issues at all. Bought it used and never really had a problem before. Changed the battery here awhile back. But that's it. Got up Thursday morning to get breakfast burritos and it won't start. It will turn over and never catch and start. I checked the fuel pump fuse and its fine. If it cranks awhile, you can smell fuel, but it just won't start. I'm sure I am putting way too much fuel in it. So I won't try again until I get some help from the folks here. I have a Forscan and checked the codes, and it came up with a P0230 code. So I am stumped. I would hate to have to get this thing towed to a mechanic shop or the dealership.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Last post in this thread holds a clue.

Another post in same thread references a black box near battery
Other posts mention starting problems using e85:fuel

Last post in this thread holds a clue.

Another post in same thread references a black box near battery
Other posts mention starting problems using e85:fuel
Read through that and tried some things to no avail.

Read through that and tried some things to no avail.
Welcome to the Forum :wave:
When you noticed the gas smell did you try starting it with the the accelerator pushed completely to the floor?

Peter

I tried to do that late yesterday, but it was acting as if the battery was about to die. I will try it this evening or tomorrow morning.

I tried to do that late yesterday, but it was acting as if the battery was about to die. I will try it this evening or tomorrow morning.
Sorry, I overlooked the code you mentioned. It could be possible fuel system issues.

Peter

Back