2020 Explorer ST Atlas Blue Ordered | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 Explorer ST Atlas Blue Ordered

When the window sticker for my Silver Spruce Platinum first became available, the date at the very bottom was 06/18/2019 and the BLEND date was 06/25/2019 which indicates a build date of June 25, 2019. On June 25, the date at the bottom of the window sticker changed to 06/25/2019 which I believe is when hardcopy of the window sticker was printed to be affixed to the vehicle at the factory. If I look at a PDF of the window sticker, it still says BLEND date was 06/25/2019 and the date at the bottom of the sticker remains 06/25/2019.

Yesterday, June 29, 2019, I asked my sales guy for a status update. He gave me a printout that shows my Explorer primary status is "In Production" and its secondary status is "Sent to Plant." It also shows Status Date/Time as June 17, 2019 even though the status report was requested, generated, and date-stamped on June 29, 2019.

This is similar to what TonyST is experiencing with his order, but I don't know what it means. Did the factory shut down for some reason? Or maybe completed Explorers that are parked outside the plant continue to show "In Production" status until they're headed for shipment? Or maybe there's a component shortage that's causing incomplete Explorer's to be produced for rework at a later date?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey Peter, that is why I was not sure what it really is. It is not the date I open the window sticker since no matter what day I have opened it every day from 6/18 till today, it has either shown "06/18/2019" or "06/26/2019".
Thanks Tony. It's been a while since I checked a Window Sticker but when I was on my 2011 that date seemed to be the day I was checking it. Perhaps they have now modified it.:dunno: In any case, it doesn't appear to be very important. Thanks also blwnsmoke.

Peter

When the window sticker for my Silver Spruce Platinum first became available, the date at the very bottom was 06/18/2019 and the BLEND date was 06/25/2019 which indicates a build date of June 25, 2019. On June 25, the date at the bottom of the window sticker changed to 06/25/2019 which I believe is when hardcopy of the window sticker was printed to be affixed to the vehicle at the factory. If I look at a PDF of the window sticker, it still says BLEND date was 06/25/2019 and the date at the bottom of the sticker remains 06/25/2019.

Yesterday, June 29, 2019, I asked my sales guy for a status update. He gave me a printout that shows my Explorer primary status is "In Production" and its secondary status is "Sent to Plant." It also shows Status Date/Time as June 17, 2019 even though the status report was requested, generated, and date-stamped on June 29, 2019.

This is similar to what TonyST is experiencing with his order, but I don't know what it means. Did the factory shut down for some reason? Or maybe completed Explorers that are parked outside the plant continue to show "In Production" status until they're headed for shipment? Or maybe there's a component shortage that's causing incomplete Explorer's to be produced for rework at a later date?

In production sent to plant means your order was sent to the plant to be produced. There is more then the 24 hours on the assembly line. Different parts are assigned and stored separately before it all comes together on the assembly line. So when it is sent, the doors have to be chosen and painted, the seat color, steering wheel, trims, etc etc. Once everything has been assigned, it then goes into full production and pulled from the storage areas and added to the line.

When I toured the F150 plant. The bodies were painted separately days before and stored in a separate building. They would be pulled from that building and sent down a conveyor line and merged into the factory.

It typically goes into production for about 7 days as pieces get picked, painted and stored. Then once on the line, it is the 24 hour period for it to be built.

In production sent to plant means your order was sent to the plant to be produced. There is more then the 24 hours on the assembly line. Different parts are assigned and stored separately before it all comes together on the assembly line. So when it is sent, the doors have to be chosen and painted, the seat color, steering wheel, trims, etc etc. Once everything has been assigned, it then goes into full production and pulled from the storage areas and added to the line.

When I toured the F150 plant. The bodies were painted separately days before and stored in a separate building. They would be pulled from that building and sent down a conveyor line and merged into the factory.

It typically goes into production for about 7 days as pieces get picked, painted and stored. Then once on the line, it is the 24 hour period for it to be built.
Thanks for the explanation, that helps a lot to understand timing.

My ST has shown "In Production" since 6/18. It has been "sent to Plant" for a few days now. Has anyone heard any issues in plant? sounds like Others are getting theirs at their dealers already. The other question I would have is how the 4th of July Holiday effects the plant production (how long are they shut down?).

I believe shutdown was 6/28 - 7/8 per a tracking member on the Ford forum.

I gave up on my order and assuming CAP would eventually ship mine (ordered 3/16) blend date 6/28, in production since 6/18 and built and stored since 7/16. I had my dealer grab an ST that just showed up at a Ft Lauderdale dealer that was what I ordered (Atlas Blue Metallic, Street Pack, Tech pack). I am picking it up tomorrow afternoon, pics to follow.

I gave up on my order and assuming CAP would eventually ship mine (ordered 3/16) blend date 6/28, in production since 6/18 and built and stored since 7/16. I had my dealer grab an ST that just showed up at a Ft Lauderdale dealer that was what I ordered (Atlas Blue Metallic, Street Pack, Tech pack). I am picking it up tomorrow afternoon, pics to follow.
Seems you have a dealer willing to work with you. Cant say the same of mine. His answer today...it will be here when it gets here

Seems you have a dealer willing to work with you. Cant say the same of mine. His answer today...it will be here when it gets here

Wow, that is rough. You are not committed to purchase your ordered vehicle no matter what. They shouldn't have any concerns about selling it once it arrives. I had to push a little to get them to bring this one up but they were willing to do it for me to keep a sale. Good luck on yours

Well, this snippet will close this thread. I gave up on the order from CAP. I picked up an Atlas Blue ST with Street pack and Tech pack through my dealer here by my place. I love it! You guys that don't have yours yet will love the sport mode as others have suggested. It is a kick...and I am coming from a 480 HP 2015 Mustang! Have already started putting the pile of things I have accumulated on my den floor I ordered before I got it!

I did talk to the owner of the dealership a while when I was there today. He was getting a weekly call from the southeast regional sales guy on the status of mine and the one he ordered for his daughter. He is really upset at CAP because they are not giving out any info and they are saying for mine (that I gave up on) it might be Nov before it arrives. It was ordered on 3/16 and built on 7/16. His daughters order they said could be Dec. He also said the dealerships are getting ticked off because everyone like me is trying to pick up vehicles out of local inventory and drop their orders so the dealers will get a big pile of units that don't have customers waiting for them all at once and will have to sell them. I don't know what is going on but there are a TON of explorers that are in storage.

Good luck to all those waiting.. So far I am extremely pleased with mine. I will be posting some pics over in the pics thread when the weather gets better here.

Tony, hope you have a safe place to put the ST with Dorian heading our way. I need the transports to roll and get my ST out of the Auto Rail Yard before bad weather hits. Tampa has a lot of flood zone areas. Dealer has no control on the transport contractor, but delivery is expected any day, sound familiar? Stay Safe!

Tony, hope you have a safe place to put the ST with Dorian heading our way. I need the transports to roll and get my ST out of the Auto Rail Yard before bad weather hits. Tampa has a lot of flood zone areas. Dealer has no control on the transport contractor, but delivery is expected any day, sound familiar? Stay Safe!

I have a house built like a bunker with a reinforced concrete garage as well so I am good even though I am on the water. Cat 4 scares me though. You stay safe too!

Stay safe guys!!

Back