2020 Explorer ST Upgraded Sound System | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 Explorer ST Upgraded Sound System

Bstard2001

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Long Island, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
23 Expedition Ltd w/SPP
Looking to lease the new ST some time around the summer. Just curious if anyone can review/comment on the 980 Watt B&O Sound System by Bang & Olufsen with 14 Speakers. Looking for any reviews and sound, clarity bass etc...thanks!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's awesome and loud and clear and for someone that likes to "ROCK" totally worth it. The only issue I have found so far is the minimum volume for waze is WAY TOO loud in the ST. I have been driving a loaner for a couple of weeks now, and it's not nearly as good, although the Waze volume is easier to take. lol

For the Waze sound, watch for an alert to come up and when Waze announces the alert, turn the volume down during the announcement. Easy.

Jbcain….that doesn't work with the upgraded sound. I have a post on this in this forum. There's a minimum volume, I believe it's 7, and even if you lower the volume to say 4 during an announcement, it will revert back to 7 for the next announcement and be screaming at you again. Unless they've updated this within the last month.....

Jbcain….that doesn't work with the upgraded sound. I have a post on this in this forum. There's a minimum volume, I believe it's 7, and even if you lower the volume to say 4 during an announcement, it will revert back to 7 for the next announcement and be screaming at you again. Unless they've updated this within the last month.....

Can confirm thats how mine with the upgraded audio works, even if you turn down the voice prompt level, it reverts back to 7 the next prompt that is played. A little annoying at least to me.

Back