2020 Explorer XLT Bumper Swap-Out

BrendanH

Reaction score
City, State
Staten Island New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Ford Explorer XLT
Thanks for the add folks.
I have a question about swapping out the bumper on my 2020 XLT. One of the kids had a minor fender bender and I'm hoping to fix it myself without going thru insurance. If I just purchase an aftermarket "bumper" will I be snap out my existing grille and spoiler and re-attach them to the new bumper?

You help is much appreciated!! Thank you!!
2020 Ford Explorer Bumper.jpg

2020 Ford Explorer New Bumper (2).jpg

Yes it should be not too hard. Just very time consuming. There would be quite a few bolts too. Just remember where everything goes.

Yes it should be not too hard. Just very time consuming. There would be quite a few bolts too. Just remember where everything goes.
I watched a video regarding removing the ENTIRE front grille/bumper/spoiler combination and its a little time consuming but doesn't look "too" complicated. I'm just hoping I can snap out the grille and spoiler and re-attach to the new bumper.

I watched a video regarding removing the ENTIRE front grille/bumper/spoiler combination and its a little time consuming but doesn't look "too" complicated. I'm just hoping I can snap out the grille and spoiler and re-attach to the new bumper.
Yes they will all be able to be removed.

Back