• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

2020 Ford Explorer XLT

Jsmmao

Reaction score
City, State
Charlotte NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Ford Explorer Xlt
Hey Guys - new here but owned fords my whole life. I just bought my wife a 2020 Xlt. She wants different rims and I found a set of take offs from 2020 ST model. Will I have any issue if i put it on the Xlt? Assuming not since it’s the same build but wanted to check before buying

thanks for your help
Jeff

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
Welcome to the Forum Jeff. :wave:
What is the tires size on the XLT?. The standard XLT tire is an 18". The 20" was optional. The ST standard tire is a 20" with 21" being optional.

Peter

Jsmmao

Reaction score
City, State
Charlotte NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Ford Explorer Xlt
Welcome to the Forum Jeff. :wave:
What is the tires size on the XLT?. The standard XLT tire is an 18". The 20" was optional. The ST standard tire is a 20" with 21" being optional.

Peter

thanks for your reply! The tire on the XLT is the 18” standard and the take offs that I found locally is the 21” optional all black wheels. Thanks for your help!

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
Is that a 255/55R18? The 21" is a 275/45R21

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
If the tire is 255/65R18 then the 275/45R21 will fit. The diameter variance is 1%. The nominal max diameter variance is generally said to be 3%.

Peter

Jsmmao

Reaction score
City, State
Charlotte NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Ford Explorer Xlt