2020 Rapid Red ST Ordered - Some oddities | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 Rapid Red ST Ordered - Some oddities

Spacey

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Ordered a 2020 Rapid Red ST, Street Pack, bench seat, no moon roof on 9/3/19. The Ford order tracking site shows a correct image and details of the car I ordered when the VIN is entered. Its status is "In Order Processing". The window sticker site says the window sticker is not yet available and will be when the car is built. Called the dealer today and my sales guy says the car has been built and will be delivered mid November. I provided him all the data I have and got a "Hmmm, I'll have to check into this". Anybody have an idea why there would be a discrepancy? Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Window stickers generate 5-7 days before it is built. If yours isn't available, it isn't built. Perhaps he is looking at the wrong VIN.

Thanks. That's what I figured.

My ST status changed yesterday to "In Production", with a secondary status of "Sent to Plant". I guess that means the plant in Chicago, not somewhere else?

My ST status changed yesterday to "In Production", with a secondary status of "Sent to Plant". I guess that means the plant in Chicago, not somewhere else?

Yes, so the plant is prepping your order (assembling parts for the line, painting body/parts etc to join the line. It should be built within the next week.

My car now shows "Origin Received" and a production date of yesterday. etaEndDate is 12/3 which I guess is when they expect it to show up at the dealer. Fingers crossed things go well.

My ST is on a train and due to arrive at my dealer in Southern California on 12/2. I was planning to execute the purchase using X-Plan discount. Anyone think I could achieve a better price through negotiation? Thanks in advance.

My ST arrived at the rail depot in Southern California a few days ago. Since then, the Ford tracking site has added a day to the estimated dealer delivery date each day. The number doesn't stay the same, every day it goes up by one day. Three days ago it said delivery in two days. Today it says delivery to dealer in five days. Seems pretty weird.

Also, per my previous post, the X-Plan price for the ST, Rapid Red, Street Pack, Tech Pack, Bench Seat, no sunroof is around 56K including delivery but not taking any incentives into account. Nothing to trade. Does anyone think it is worth trying to push the dealer to get lower than this X-Plan price? Thanks.

As for the dates changing, it is likely due to the availability of transport to your area. You can always try to get a better deal. It doesn't cost anything to ask. Did you sign anything when you ordered the ST that would lock you into the agreed upon price?

Peter

Thanks. The website now says it was delivered to the dealer. I did not sign anything when ordering the vehicle. The dealer has been very helpful. I just wondered if X-Plan really was a good deal or just a marketing gimmick.

Thanks. The website now says it was delivered to the dealer. I did not sign anything when ordering the vehicle. The dealer has been very helpful. I just wondered if X-Plan really was a good deal or just a marketing gimmick.

I would say x-plan is a fair price without having to negotiate. Could you get better? Maybe but what is your time worth vs effort to get a better deal?

Picked up my Rapid Red ST today. Ordered on 9/3. I went with the X-Plan price. It is 0.4% under invoice +$250. I got all available rebates. Seemed fair for a new model that was selling well, but even at that it is not an inexpensive vehicle. Process was hassle free. The dealer offered me the ESP and pre-paid maintenance at cost + $200, but I'm going to check with the fellow who offers this to forum members.

I went over the car closely and didn't find any flaws to complain about. In my opinion some of the interior plastic is cheaper than it should be for a car at this price point, but overall a very nice vehicle. I drove it for a while prior to signing and it felt solid and I didn't hear the dreaded low speed front end rattle people have been commenting on. Hopefully the battery isn't drained overnight :).

Congratulations on the new ST. Also a good idea to check with Joel first on ESP pricing.

Peter

Back