• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

2020 ST rear cargo light

Reaction score
City, State
Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020Explorer ST
How does the rear cargo light on the right hand side illuminate? Opening the rear hatch does nothing. Using the overhead console switches all interior lights on except the rear area light. The second row controls only operate the lights overhead for the particular seat.

Am I missing anything before I take it back?

Thanks,

Eddie

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

NEWPORTNJ

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 ST EXPLORER
ST.
How does the rear cargo light on the right hand side illuminate? Opening the rear hatch does nothing. Using the overhead console switches all interior lights on except the rear area light. The second row controls only operate the lights overhead for the particular seat.

Am I missing anything before I take it back?

Thanks,

Eddie
Maybe bulb is blown out. I will check mines today and update you better.

Reaction score
City, State
Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020Explorer ST
Thanks! Not sure if I missed it being inoperable during delivery inspection or not. I think its an LED light, but they blow too!

Eddie

Dsle5403

Reaction score
City, State
Mondovi, WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Just tried mine and that light comes on when any door is opened. I did not see a switch any where for.
I would have it in and get it looked at.

Reaction score
City, State
Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020Explorer ST
Thanks for checking! I'll bring it back to get rectified.

Eddie

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
FYI, Eddie hasn't been seen here since March 12, 2020. Hopefully he is still following this thread.

Peter