• Register Today It's free!

2020 ST Strut Tower Brace?

RayoVac

Reaction score
City, State
Northern, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
I know there is probably nothing out there yet, but for those that had a 2019 Sport, two questions. Did it have a Strut Tower Brace and if so, was anyone making a aftermarket one?

After seeing what Ford used on the ST, I was disappointed. It seems like it would have been a great opportunity to put one of those nice badged Ford Performance ones in there like you see in the GT350.

Maybe they will offer something later from Ford Performance after accessories start being available for the 2020s.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just did a 'Search' in the 5th gen sub forums and there are several threads/post saying the pre 2019 Explorers have the strut tower brace so I'm guessing the 2019s do as well.

Peter

That was my one disappointment on the ST I drove. Opened the hood and, blah. Nothing cool looking at all. Not even a ST or Ford Performance badged intake cover, nothing. I mean I don't need a bunch of bling, but if your gonna put a ST badge on it, at least put something cool under the hood. ;)

That was my one disappointment on the ST I drove. Opened the hood and, blah. Nothing cool looking at all. Not even a ST or Ford Performance badged intake cover, nothing. I mean I don't need a bunch of bling, but if your gonna put a ST badge on it, at least put something cool under the hood. ;)

I actually like when Ford does not have a cute plastic engine cover, all you see is the engine. I am starting to get used to ST engine bay. I think it looks awesome and very unique. It looks strong with more breathing room. No fake plastic covers.

I like utilitarian looks myself. The strut tower brace may not look nice but at least it's there.

OK, I’ve been stewing over this one for a while and decided some modest dressing up was in order. So added these two items under the hood.
AE36618B-630F-4D93-AECC-B6ECB93436BF.jpeg

Both are vinyl transfer decals - very high quality. The ST letters have been in place for a while and show no effects from the high underhood temperatures. I expect the Performance letters to hold up as well. Links:

ST decal
Ford Focus ST Vinyl Decal Sticker - Ford Fiesta ST Decal - Edge ST - Ecoboost
2” Red
$1.99 includes shipping

Ford Performance
NEW MUSTANG FORD PERFORMANCE 8 IN VINYL DECAL STICKER GRAPHICS FORD RACING | eBay
White/White/Red color combination
$14.95 includes shipping
This decal includes a Ford oval (“White” per the first color selection noted above). I cut that off and just used the Ford Performance strip.

OK, I’ve been stewing over this one for a while and decided some modest dressing up was in order. So added these two items under the hood.
View attachment 173708
Both are vinyl transfer decals - very high quality. The ST letters have been in place for a while and show no effects from the high underhood temperatures. I expect the Performance letters to hold up as well. Links:

ST decal
2” Red
$1.99 includes shipping

Ford Performance
NEW MUSTANG FORD PERFORMANCE 8 IN VINYL DECAL STICKER GRAPHICS FORD RACING | eBay
$14.95 includes shipping
This decal includes a Ford oval (“White” per the first color selection noted above). I cut that off and just used the Ford Performance strip.

Awesome Exactly what I was wanting.

View attachment 173708

ST decal
2” Red
$1.99 includes shipping

Ford Performance
$14.95 includes shipping

So is the Ford Performance one 8" total length? What is the height on it?

So is the Ford Performance one 8" total length? What is the height on it?
Yes, 8” total length. Letters are ~1/2” tall.
ST letters are 2” wide total by ~1” high.

Keep in mind these are vinyl transfers, so they are individual die cut pieces with paper backing on both sides. The backing determines the spacing when the application is done.

I, too, feel that Ford lost an "opportunity" on the strut tower brace, especially considering the price of the vehicle. I will wait for the aftermarket to make a brace - the Ford one is surprisingly flimsy. If you put a little weight on it towards the middle you will feel it flex. Maybe COBB or Ford Performance will make something...

Hey everyone. I know I'm a newbie here, and maybe it is addressed in another thread, but I just bought a replacement strut tower brace from Steeda for my 2021 Platinum.

Hey everyone. I know I'm a newbie here, and maybe it is addressed in another thread, but I just bought a replacement strut tower brace from Steeda for my 2021 Platinum.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:

Peter

I really like this decal! What size is it?
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Hopefully the member you quoted is still following the thread. He was last seen here on September 10th.

Peter

Back