• Register Today It's free!

2020 XLT Power Loss

asc325is

Reaction score
City, State
Houston, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer XLT 202A
Hello - So I have a 2020 XLT RWD that is starting to experience occasional loss of power and occasionally a CIL that turns it self off. It feels like I lose all boost pressure, the explorer will accelerate OK at slow speeds but it barely moves at highway speeds. This has happened twice in 2 days now. The previous time was 2-3 weeks ago.

I got a message in my Ford app about the barometric pressure reading outside of the expected value. Does this point to a bad MAP sensor? I will scan it tonight and see what comes up (if anything)

Anyone have this experience? I'm at 48k miles, so I hope the powertrain warranty covers it but I am not going to hold my breath.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

what type of fuel do you run?

Premium from costco for the last 10-15 tanks

Premium from costco for the last 10-15 tanks

You have 48k miles on it now, did you previously run heavy ethanol based fuels?

Sounds like a carbon file out issue, does it drop power up top and all of a sudden? if so then probably soot built up in the turbo housing and piping.

No on the heavy ethanol fuels, but I picked it up at 2700 miles so I guess anything is possible. It was a service loaner at my dealer.

I've experienced low power from start up as well as after driving for a while. I would try to match speed to pass someone and it doesn't move.

It happened on my way to work this morning after I had been driving, but no issue when I went for lunch. I can't seem to recreate the issue.

Could it possibly be an issue with the throttle body?

Peter

I'm sure it could be. Dealers near me won't even look at a car that isn't currently showing signs of a fault. They told me to bring it back when the light is on again, even though I know they can see stored and previous codes.

I'll report back with the actual code if I can find my scanner.

Back