2022 Colorado Color Run | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2022 Colorado Color Run

Which week would you prefer for the Colorado Color run?

• Sep 4-10

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Aug 14-20

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Other (please note preference below if voting other)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
sheesh! thats like CA prices! here we saw 7 for a tiny bit at a few select stations. fuel for the X, and other potential rig-to-be-obtained will have to be on hold for a while. this feels like storing a boat 🤣

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

According to GasBuddy the trip to get to and from Ouray (not including wheeling while there) is about 500 (Based on 10mpg while towing). I'm guessing about another 100+- for wheeling based on Brians quoted Ouray prices. While I have enough saved for that kind of expense it will definitely cut back on other luxuries like eating out, souvenirs, not to mention emergency expenses. I'll still make the trip if enough people are still planning on going. However, if the general consensus is to postpone or cancel, we may have to do that. Isn't there a Moab trip scheduled for the spring?

We hit the gas station daily while there. I don't think I have ever used less than a half tank/day when there.

Its a 12 tank trip Minimum there and back for me, then at least 4 tanks during the week (6 days) then fill up before heading out. Add $600+ for camping fees, then food/entertainment, and It's a bit much.

In 2020 I spent well over $700 on fuel, at around $2.50/gal. I only got to wheel one day as well. Takes 2 full days to get there, and another 2 full days to return. 2 hotel rooms to boot.

If your closer, this is a non issue for you. Carry on!

Looking at this I may be able to make it. I know there are other coming from a lot farther away than myself but I just filled my Daily driver and it was $75 to fill it and that was only 15 1/2 gallons ish. Right not I will be a strong maybe for going.

Will definitely miss those who won't be able to make it, though coming from such a distance and putting out over 1,000 just for fuel I can definitely understand why.
Can we get an update on who is and isn't going to make it, as best as possible?

Post up here if you are or aren't going (If you haven't already in the past week or so) or send me a PM and I'll start a list in the opening post for this thread. I'd like to get a rough number.

At this point it's looking like I won't be making it now. Found metal chunks in the oil today. Don't currently have the funds or work space to swap the motor. If both of these things change then I'd be back in. Explorer runs well enough for me to trust it around town if I need it, but long distance I don't feel comfortable.

Post up here if you are or aren't going. I'd like to get a rough number.

Count me out - - just too many competing priorities for August, and the cost of fuel not making it worth trying to get there (it's also pretty hard to pass Moab, even as good as Colorado trails are). . . Can't afford Moab either, for what it's worth. . .

Happy Trails.

So, anyone have an update on their appearance at Ouray? It's getting down to the wire! :) I'm ordering new tires tonight or tomorrow. (I wanna see just how much clearance I've got before going one size bigger).

So, it'll be me and... 🤔

Sorry, but I'm out. Just not going to be possible during this crazy economy.

For those going, take lots of video for us.

I'm truly sorry you can't make it, just won't be the same without you there.

Getting down to the wire... 2 weeks to go. Who's still in? I'd really hate to drive up there and find out I'm the only one attending! LoL

Ok, so we've got WormsExplorer as a strong maybe and Me. Am I missing anyone?

Maybe hold off on this meet, let the economy recover a bit, and get everyone together in Moab in May 2023?
Just an idea Mike. Right now, it just seems everything is stacked against us all, for anything other than just survival.

You're not alone in this thought. If we postpone a month or so we can come back to the idea. Besides If we go in September Sandi will be able to go. Or possibly Moab

Officially calling it. August CCR is postponed til further notice

Would love to make it September, however I won't make it. Things have changed and the money originally budgeted for my CO trip has been reallocated to a trip to help my parents in Florida move.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back