2022 Colorado Color Run | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2022 Colorado Color Run

Which week would you prefer for the Colorado Color run?

• Sep 4-10

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Aug 14-20

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Other (please note preference below if voting other)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

traveler

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Mesa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 EB Explorer 5.0
I have really enjoyed the two times I've been up to Colorado. I'd love to go to another CCR, meet new people, and reconnect with old friends. So I'm opening the group up to a conversation about a possible run, late August, early September(?)
Anybody else interested?

Update 1) Date set for September 9-12 tentatively

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thats why I brought this up now. More time to plan, and alter those plans if needed. I'd like to get a more certain date set. Once more people have shown an interest we can open a poll and lock down dates.

Yes, I was thinking Ouray. Suppose I should have clarified that.

I would be interested in coming down.

Tim

Yeah! (I'm hoping to get my 93 Explorer running good enough this spring, so I can drive it / off road more this year!)

I haven't made it down to Ouray so that'd be fun if I can!

- Matthew
(Not Matt..)

Has anybody got a particular time they can (or just can't) make it? As far as I know I'm still pretty open as far as time goes.

I am open for any dates So long as I have enough time to let work and the other 1/2 know.

I'm pretty much open, just need some lead time to put in for the time off.

Tim

Ok, following a quick Google search the Jeep Jamboree is Sept 22-24th this year. The FJ Summit is July 20-24. So it should be easy to avoid those dates. So, early September sound like a good starting point?

Ok, lets shoot for Sept 9-12 as tentative. We can of course play around with those dates as more people check in with conflicts or other ideas.

Avg September temps are 69/H & 43/L, BUT......Ouray can drop below freezing (and snow) overnight in September, as it is around 7800 ft Elevation.

If anyone is camping, bringing pets, kids, etc.... this is something to think about.

Up on top of the passes, it will most certainly be below freezing (been there, done that), so bring your warm winter gear, and make sure you have heat/defrost. Oh wait, we always have defrost on an Explorer. Thanks blown Blower resistor! lol

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Very good point. Anyone else have thoughts on the weather? We can always move it to Aug. I myself hate the cold, and would have no problem moving it to a warmer time. I'm just concerned if we move it too much into summer we'll miss the colors of the Colorado Color Run.

Back