2022 Ford Explorer XLT - cabin noise | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2022 Ford Explorer XLT - cabin noise

geminiwi01

Reaction score
City, State
Appleton,WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2022 Ford Explorer XLT
I purchased my 22 Explorer XLT sport appearance package in Nov 21.
Took the SUV on the first cross country trip this past week. We went from WI to FL and back.
Being the first real trip being in the car for the entire family for a longer a period of time one complaint from all was the cabin noise, especially in the 2nd row.

Has anyone had a similar issue?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just curious, I haven't received mine yet, what is the noise?

Just curious, I haven't received mine yet, what is the noise?
Tons of road noise and wind can be heard inside the cabin in comparison to my old vehicle which was a 2019 Traverse. Both my teenage children commented that it is difficult to hear the conversations from the 2nd row due to the noise.

Weird. Both my girls have commented on how quiet my Limited is. The acoustic glass seems to work well.

Weird. Both my girls have commented on how quiet my Limited is. The acoustic glass seems to work well.
I just looked at specs on the Limited and they use the active glass for noise reduction in the cabin, this is not a feature that comes standard on the XLT.

for what it's worth my '21 Platinum is the nosiest SUV style vehicle I've every owned, after 6 months I've grown accustomed however all it takes is a ride in another manufacture's SUV to realize just how loud the ford explorer is

you might find this interesting
No Sound Screen Acoustic Glass?

I just looked at specs on the Limited and they use the active glass for noise reduction in the cabin, this is not a feature that comes standard on the XLT.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Acoustic laminated glass is not 'Standard' on the XLT but it is an option. I'm guessing it depends on which package you get.

Peter

Back