2023 Explorer PIU 60A up fitter help | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2023 Explorer PIU 60A up fitter help

Fulton16

Reaction score
City, State
St. Louis
Year, Model & Trim Level
17 Sport
23 FPIU
I need some help fining out what the 60A option came with, it says Pre-wiring for grille LED lights, siren and speaker. I can not find anything on how to get it connected to the 4 aux switches on my steering wheel.

What I am talking about is listed at the bottom of this page and Is on my cars build package. (The photo is generic from the internet)

412259171_327393430164004_7969744626907177647_n.png

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Are you looking to do this on your 2017 Sport?

Peter

No, I have a 23 PIU also. I just need some pictures the wiring diagram really doesn't explain what package comes with what when it comes to the pre wiring.

The 4 Aux switches wires are individual ground outputs. You have to connect them to relays or Whelen type device to power any of the factory, or aftermarket lighting/sirens.

Our 2020+ PIUs have the wiring behind the master cylinder, two connectors on the radiator grill for sirens, and a 4 way connector by each head light for LEDs. All of those ends are located between the front seats. From there you have to make your connections with relays or something like a Whelen Core

I need some help fining out what the 60A option came with, it says Pre-wiring for grille LED lights, siren and speaker. I can not find anything on how to get it connected to the 4 aux switches on my steering wheel.

What I am talking about is listed at the bottom of this page and Is on my cars build package. (The photo is generic from the internet)

View attachment 448598
Did you get the information you needed on this?,,,,,if not I can get you the info.

Not to be obvious but you checked the PIU Modifiers Guide right?

I kind of got it, yeah I checked the guide I was hoping some one had some photos or so tips on what they had done. I'm going to try and tackle it tomorrow so after I get it tore apart I will have a better idea of what I am looking at. People make videos of everything LOL and there is not a single one tearing a 20-23 PIU explorer apart for build purposes.

Anyone have a diagram that shows what these are besides the obvious,

I am looking at how to get power to the front and rear termination points.

WH.JPG

I don't see anywhere for these pig tails to plug into.

1000001140.jpg
1000001141.jpg

I got the relay and switches to work. Thank you for all the help. Now to run the wire and mount the lights.

Back