• Register Today It's free!

2023 ST Rear Entertainment Issue

kodabear

Reaction score
City, State
Bullhead City az
Year, Model & Trim Level
2023 explorer st
bought 2023 explorer st all the upgrades rear entertainment system does not work ford wont help been to dealer 10 times can someone help

piad for extra warranty ford says dont know what to tell you

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah, really. Not enough time for a 2023 to be in 10 times is there? Suspect a 1 and done.

got it in february this is october

tells me after some prying that ford forgot to put part in that makes it work and the dealership tells me i should get a lawyer because ford is not helping them to fix

of course ford did not forget to charge me for my unusable part entertainment system

I'm out.

I would find a different dealer. You can use a Lincoln dealer also for warranty service.

what state are you in ? Also do you have a documented repair order from each attempt? More info would be real helpful here.

...More info would be real helpful here.
ANY info would help. If the O.P. took the car in with this information, no wonder nothing was done.

I'm going to try one more time. Please think about what you want to write, then use some sentence structure so it makes sense. I can't (won't) plow through word salad. It gives me a headache and gives me anxiety for the future of mankind.

Write out what the issue is, why the dealership says they can't help, and what you would like us to help you with. As many details as possible would make it easier to tell if anyone here can help or not.

bought 2023 explorer st all the upgrades rear entertainment system does not work ford wont help been to dealer 10 times can someone help

piad for extra warranty ford says dont know what to tell you

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
What is the extra warranty you bought? Is the Ford ESP warranty?
Is your vehicle still under the factory warranty mileage-wise?
In any case, it's up to Ford to fix it. Call Ford and have them open a case on this.

Peter

so bought a new 2023 ford explorer st with rear entertainment system for grandkids anderson ford cannot get it working got ford involved (district manager) they said ford factory forgot to put part in to make ent system work i said then put it in ford said cannot be added after the fact not understanding that but yes car is under new vehicle warranty and i purchased the ford extra warranty 7 year do that with every new purchase they have not offered any solution / buyback -lemon law -refund of extra money for ent system having to get lawyer involved not what i want to do but dealership said i probably should because higher ups at ford are not helping at my wits end any help would be grateful

i am in arizona have 8 work orders on this problem

so bought a new 2023 ford explorer st with rear entertainment system for grandkids anderson ford cannot get it working got ford involved (district manager) they said ford factory forgot to put part in to make ent system work i said then put it in ford said cannot be added after the fact not understanding that but yes car is under new vehicle warranty and i purchased the ford extra warranty 7 year do that with every new purchase they have not offered any solution / buyback -lemon law -refund of extra money for ent system having to get lawyer involved not what i want to do but dealership said i probably should because higher ups at ford are not helping at my wits end any help would be grateful
If the issue cannot be resolved because of Ford's error then I would at least ask for a refund on the cost of the rear entertainment system and then add your own. The extended warranty would not help in this case.
Also, please see the first paragraph in post #12. Your posts are not the easiest to read. The quoted post is just one long sentence.
Thank you.

Peter

I installed the OEM Ford Rear Entertainment System myself, there are no parts that cant go in after the vehicle is built. If you PM me your email I can send you the installation Guide and it shows all the parts and how they go in. Its DIY simple.

Just a couple of things. Do you have wifi Hotspot, or do you have "the credit?" If you have the credit that maybe "the part" that ford is telling you about. My parents have this in there expedition and it very easy to use but I just recommend using your own wifi Hotspot not fords. We need more information please what have you tried. It's not wroth lemon law something if it's just something you may use a couple of times.

yes did go to verizon and purchase wifi external hotspot that ford was going to pay for.have called verizon to hook vehicle up to internet verizon says vehicle not compatible.the external hotspot did not work. yes my paperwork says credit for wifi 20$.i have opened a case with ford but the help i am getting is appreciated thank you

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yes did go to verizon and purchase wifi external hotspot that ford was going to pay for.have called verizon to hook vehicle up to internet verizon says vehicle not compatible.the external hotspot did not work. yes my paperwork says credit for wifi 20$.i have opened a case with ford but the help i am getting is appreciated thank you
So... you do have the credit? Okay.😑 so a couple more things. Do you know how to turn your wifi Hotspot on. it has nothing to do with your carrier, as ford goes through at&t . You bring your top menu down it's in there. Hey this is a very helpful site. If you want I can see if I can get working before you go and get it taken out?
P.s I'm also a very tech savvy person. That is very knowledgeable with this stuff.

Back