2025 Ford Explorer Gets New Looks, New Tech, $41,220 MSRP | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2025 Ford Explorer Gets New Looks, New Tech, $41,220 MSRP

peterk9

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2023 Aviator Reserve 201A
Callsign
VE3
More news on the 2025 Explorer. Gone are the XLT, Timberline, Limited, and King Ranch variants.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

14 times the processing power onboard? Why??

And I saw one article mention the 2.3L is almost all new, despite identical power and torque. I wonder if the improvements are mainly in the NVH realm.

Looks like it's getting the Mustang's almost all new 2.3L, with: new Modular Power Cylinder (MPC) Engine Architecture, which helps keep design continuity across the 1.5L I4 EcoBoost, the 2.0L I4 EcoBoost, and the 2.3L EcoBoost engine family. Additionally, its new twin scroll low-inertia turbocharger features a high speed electronic wastegate system, along with compact variable cam timing (VCT), an integrated air induction system and an integrated hot side exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) system to help mitigate emissions. https://fordauthority.com/2022/10/2024-ford-mustang-debuts-new-2-3l-ecoboost-engine/

And the 10-speed transmission is "reprogrammed".

14 times the processing power onboard? Why??

And I saw one article mention the 2.3L is almost all new, despite identical power and torque. I wonder if the improvements are mainly in the NVH realm.
5 times the processing power.

5 times the processing power.
Wrong.

Relative to the outgoing Explorer's Sync setup, onboard system computing power has quintupled, while graphics processing power has quattuordecupled (that's 14 times)!

(MotorTrend)

Wrong.

Relative to the outgoing Explorer's Sync setup, onboard system computing power has quintupled, while graphics processing power has quattuordecupled (that's 14 times)!

(MotorTrend)
Lol, you stated in your original post, 14x processing power, why? It's 5 times processing power, 14x graphics capability. TWO different things. I was literally there at the presentation and Mr. Sun as seen in this pic stated 5 times the processing power using a Qualcomm processor.

Also from the article posted by Peter who is actually reporting the correct info.

"The Explorer will also be the first Ford vehicle to feature its new Digital Experience infotainment setup. The automaker designed the system, which has five times the processing power and 14 times the graphical capability of the previous generation"

20240122_153847.jpg

Disapointed that they eliminated the Timberline, but even more of a disapointment is that they have only five color choices. 5, really? Might as well go back to the Henry Ford days when only black was offered.

Disapointed that they eliminated the Timberline, but even more of a disapointment is that they have only five color choices. 5, really? Might as well go back to the Henry Ford days when only black was offered.
I don't want black. I usually choose white, or shades of it or silver. I'm guessing it's all part of overall cost reduction.

Peter

They have 6 color choices. I had me turned in my review that they will have an offroad version coming.

They have 6 color choices. I had me turned in my review that they will have an offroad version coming.
6 total, but only 5 color choices for each trim. They eliminated green, so I'm out. I was waiting for the 2025 to order, but not if I can't get the color I want.

Back