• Register Today It's free!

!!!!$204.00!!!

xsportx

Reaction score
City, State
Brampton, ON
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 sport
Sooo i just called ford for a price on a set of torsion bars for my 02 sport and they told me $204.00 EACH :eek:!!!!! Does this seem a little steep to anyone else??

also does anyone know it there is any aftermarket torsion bars out there????

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Seems about right. There heavy duty bars of steel that hold the entire weight of the front of the truck. I have never seen an aftermarket T-bar either.

Try a Junk Yard for a set. Look for low miles on the OD and snag em. Just make sure you get the same rating as yours are, if you want the stock ride back.

BTW...why are you replacing them.?

Definitely try to find some at a junkyard, or better yet find someone replacing them with coilovers or a solid axle. I recently got some 1-rated torsion bars for free from someone local.

BTW, what rating are you looking for? I have some B-rated torsion bars that were originally on my truck that I'm not using anymore. They are a little sagged out though.

the reason I was thinking about replacing them is becaust i wanted to do a TT but my driver side bar has been cranked up a bit i guess to compensate for some sag... i just wanted to get the most i could out of the TT ... kinda wanted a fresh start without any sag

and im pretty sure they have a #1 rating on em

Back