stiffer torsion bars from ford???? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

stiffer torsion bars from ford????

I’m fairly sure they are different. Someone will surely correct me if I’m wrong.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So what I’m trying to figure out is what one will be stiffer for being installed onto my mountaineer, should I go with 1 or b? If 1 is off a sport trac what are the years for those? I have a junkyard next to me and I see a sport trac.
the stiffest is 1. those came on rangers and ST (01-5 iirc) i know for sure it cane on rangers and im pretty sure it came onnST too

I’m fairly sure they are different. Someone will surely correct me if I’m wrong.
i dont recall them being different lengths? but im not sure. what i do know is you cant install a driver one in a passenger one, or else youll hear a bang ;) at least on a non ford product with tbars

Yes, they are different length side to side.
Also, twist direction is marked on front end. Cannot be installed on wrong side for 2 reasons, length and twist direction.

Why not forget all this and convert to coilovers?
Because I want to keep this simple and cheap. Trust me I thought of it but if I put coil overs on one of my vehicles it’ll be my 94 Chevy 1500 first. And if I do coil overs on the mountaineer I’ll have to get Deavers for the rear and by pass shocks then a cab cage. I’m trying to use the kiss method on this vehicle haha

Back