20s on a second generation | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

20s on a second generation

After a wonderful night out at the bars Saturday, I come Sunday to findout to what I believe is that some jealous f*cker, who's probably a waste of life, stabbed my tire in the underground parking structure of my apartment. Now I'm a man that believes that no matter what you never mess with a mans (or womans) ride, cause you don't know what it took for them to get that ride. Anyways, I'm thinking of replacing the other 3 tires as I'll probably only get another 8-10 months out of them before they'll need to be replaced. The reason for my thinking here is I'm riding on 255/35/20s and it's not enough tire to give any forgiveness to the road especially with my X being lowered 3.5". Since I was going to go with larger tires once these ones wore out, I figured it would be more logical to switch them now and save some money. I need to get tires soon, but I can't decide on tire size. I have an expedition that have 265/50/20s on it and I love the wheel to tire ratio of it, but an expedition is a lot bigger then the 2nd generation X, so I don't know if it will look as good. So, I'm asking if anyone has some pics of their X (1st or 2nd generations) on 20s (preferably lowered, if not it's still ok) with either 255/45/20s, 255/50/20s, or 265/50/20s on them, to aid my decision. Thanks.

Back