22s?? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

22s??

Hey guys I just got anuff money together to get some rims for my explorer. I have a 97 4 door limited AWD explorer and I would like to get some 22s for it. But i don't want to make any modifactions to the truck like rasing it or something to get them to fit. What size 22 would fit and what tire size do I need. Also what kind of offset and bolt pattern too. Thanks in advance and does anyboby have any 22s you would recommend.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

its all about the backspacing-

this coiuld be done as easily with 22s as on my truck with 285s

Attachments

• 1exporearup.jpg
    1exporearup.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 224
  • aaa4.jpg
    aaa4.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 250

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So because I have 20s, and able (have money) to buy 22s or 23s I'm a wannabee? I've had 22s, they were rather heavy and had brake problem issues, that's why I sold them. Just because the price of 20s has dropped doesn't mean that you're being a poser by having them. 20s aren't that damn small either, just rims have gotten ridicuously big. I mean 28-30 inch wheels with 12" rotors is just crazy.

i understand why you may not have them, and am not saying your a poser. just that it appears you didn't have the money for 22s. thats the first thought i have when i see a truck with chrome 20s on it.

expo5.0 said:
the point is- IF your going to get some chrome "bling bling" style wheels going smaller than 22" just makes you look like a wannabe.

no one is against smaller wheels (obviously not me) just pointing out the facts about how 20" wheels are perceived.

Is this with any kind of truck?

I think it all depends on the car though. If you rolling in a s-10, ranger, etc., even if you have the money for 22s, I don't think you're a wannabee. Some cars weren't made to fit wheels larger then 20s and don't look good (IMO) with something bigger. Smaller cars I'd say 20s or smaller, mid size 20s-22s, full size 22s-24s (anything larger then, in my opinion you're starting to look like you got wagon wheels on)

I think on an X you can go either way and still look good and not look like a wannabee.

By the way expo5.0 I've been trying to reach you through your pm but you mailbox is full. I got a question about your screen in the front.

i think 20" look good to like drafts and hartmans. some times i wish i had 20" again. better MPG :(

i'll erase a bunch of pms

I dont feel that for every vehicle. but anything bigger than an s10 needs bigger than 22s, and we've all seen 22s on s10s that lay frame plenty of times at this point (i know there were 4 at the last show i attended) so its beginning ot be questionable on those if you need 22s to pull off the look or not.

i'm not saying that the trucks on 20s don't look good, they do. I'm just saying that 22s would have been preferred.

now... would the 22's rub if the Ex was lowered? i was thinking of bagging my Ex and making it sit as low as possible, and ride low... my friend suggested i get 285/25's but i dont think that would give my Ex the stance i wanted... it might because id be running smaller tire, but then it might not because the rim is a little too big, i want my car to look nice, and at the same time i want to still have similar performance.

im serriously leaning toward 20's because ive found a pair i like, plus i have lots of tire to play with (when i lower the car more) compared to a 22's

*plus i drive my SUV just like it was a car... i dont think 22's would let me do that*

suggestions?

Back