285/75/16 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

285/75/16

I am putting a set of 285/75/16 goodyear mtr's on my 01 sport 4x4, i am turning the torsion bars two inches and my question is, explorer pro comp sells a 3-3 1/2 add a leaf kit, the guy on the phone said it will fit, has anyone else checked up on this, he did not seem real sure, thanks,

byron

you don't need that much to fit 285s.

Originally posted by jasonb
you don't need that much to fit 285s.

Aren't most people running a 2" susp. and 3" BL to fit their 285's? I always figured that you'd atleast 2" BL to fit a 33x11.50 (which is what these tires are)

tires

Sorry, i worded the question wrong, i know the tires will fit my question is, this lift they offer does anyone know if it will fit an 01sport, thanks

Originally posted by HokieBert
Aren't most people running a 2" susp. and 3" BL to fit their 285's? I always figured that you'd atleast 2" BL to fit a 33x11.50 (which is what these tires are)

that's what i run. from what i can tell.. they would have been fine with the 2" susp on my stock wheels. i think the rubbing and fitment comes into play with aftermarket wheels or wider (12.5s). i don't know many here that run the 285s. mine didn't come closs to rubbing at first, then i put spacers on. that's when the rubbing, and the trimming, started.

to the main question of the thread... if they say it will fit.. i guess it will. that's a hefty add a leaf.
i think the leafs for the 4drs and the 01+ sports are the same if that helps any. show some pics after you get it done.

Back