Will 285/75-16's fit? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Will 285/75-16's fit?

Has anyone been able to get 285/75 x 16's BFG ATR's to fit under a 95+ with just a Torsion twist and no body lift? I know I will at least have to trim some plastic.

Mike

Those are equal to 33's. I'm getting 32s for my 96, will have 2.25" TT, shackles, and addaleaf. I'll still have to trim a bit in front.

It is doable, especially in the rear. You'll rub the rear fenderwells at flex, the front bumper and front trailing edge while turning, and the front swaybar while turning. Doable if you trim your bumper and the rear of that fenderwell; and get rims that stick out a bit more to clear that swaybar better.

Good luck!

I decided to play it safe and get the 265/75 16's. Thanks for your help.

I got the 265/75 16" BFG's on with no lift yet. Took them to my local goodyear dealer to mount on my stock 7" wide wheels and install (they always roll their eyes when I bring them BFG's) They were a little hesitant to put them on saying they were too big, but I told them dont worry about it and they said OK. I had already trimmed just a pinch off of the rear of the front fender plastic. After on, they rub just a tad on the front plastic on the front tires, so I will trim that a bit today but otherwise fit is great. The fronts look fine but the rear still looks too small or narrow for the openings to me. Now im going to do the TT and rear spings to get it up to where it should be from the factory. Thanks for everyones advice.

Back