• Register Today It's free!

2nd row bench in the wild?

SkiingInTheRain

Reaction score
City, State
Portland, OR
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010, Outback 3.6R
I’m considering an ST, possibly with 2nd row bench rather than the standard 2 seats (at least the online configurator says the bench is an option to the ST). I know the middle seat is tiny and basically fill-in between the regular seats, but does anyone have any first hand experiences to share? None of the Explorers my local dealers have in stock have the bench, so there is nothing for me to look at i person right now.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
I don't know how relevant my pictures of the 5th gen are compared to the 6th gen but here is what I have to give you some kind of idea. These are from my 2011 Limited. Perhaps someone with a 2020 can provide updated info.

Peter

P1110178_1.JPG

P1110179_1.JPG

In my 2011, the 2nd row seats tumbled forward but I believe in the 2020, the 2nd row Captain's Chairs slide forward. I'm not sure about the bench. Here is a picture of the 2011 that had the bench. The 2020 model may be different. There are several videos in the 2020 Explorer thread but I can't recall if there is one showing the bench seat.

Peter

PA130139_1.JPG

I have the captain seats, but this is an image of the 2020 Explorer bench seat pulled from Ford.

Screenshot_20191005-205609.png

Back