2021 XLT Looking to Swap Captain's Chairs for Bench | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2021 XLT Looking to Swap Captain's Chairs for Bench

Trainey3009

Reaction score
City, State
Fort Mill
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Explorer XLT
I have a 2021 Explorer XLT. The 2nd row seats are the captain chair type. Is it possible to get a bench seat from a base model and swap them in?

You might want to watch this thread started recently.
Bench to Captains

You two should talk.

I have a 2021 Explorer XLT. The 2nd row seats are the captain chair type. Is it possible to get a bench seat from a base model and swap them in?
a base model is not the same color interior or material and does not have a fold down armrest. its a odd tan material. you would want to get a bench from a xlt that matches your interior and swap it. im like you and think the captains chairs are a waste of a seat so my xlt has the bench. you will need to swap all 3 seats not just the center seat though cause you will have holes if you take the armrest off your current ones. is yours cloth or leather and what color is it? if its leather some of the upper scale models use the same rear seat so you arent as limited in the search but if its cloth i think only an xlt comes with it and then its the non 202a models as well. kinda sucks that ford wont let you get cloth say in st.

Back