2nd Row Bucket Seats - Neep Pics! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2nd Row Bucket Seats - Neep Pics!

Does anyone have a pic with with the 2nd and 3rd row seats folded down on a model with 2nd row buckets with no console. That seems to be an elusive pic to find. I'm presuming there is a gap between the two buckets....
From what members have posted, yes, there is a gap with the seats folded.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I can snap a pic when I get out to my car, but yes you are correct. The void is there when the seats are flat for the second row. There is no void on the 3rd rown in any position.

I can snap a pic when I get out to my car, but yes you are correct. The void is there when the seats are flat for the second row. There is no void on the 3rd rown in any position.

Really appreciate a pic. I haven't found a single one... Thanks.

Does anyone have a pic with with the 2nd and 3rd row seats folded down on a model with 2nd row buckets with no console. That seems to be an elusive pic to find. I'm presuming there is a gap between the two buckets....

Is this what your looking for?

IMG_3918.jpg

Here's one with the center console open so it goes slightly below flush with the 2nd row buckets.

IMG_3922.jpg

Thank you. I presume with no console, there is a gap there between the seats when folded down.

Yes

If there's no console you get a plastic cover on the floor where the console would anchor to. Its not flat carpet. Probably sticks up close to 1/2 to 1"

Our new 14 Sport has the buckets and console. The console was a must have for us. 2 kids and we needed the storage. We preferred it as well because with no console, there were no armrests on the outboard side of the seats.

I'm ordering my 2014 Sport on Monday and I've been going back and forth on getting the console or not. I suppose I'll order it with console and if I really don't like it I can remove it and sell it to someone who wants it.

I too appreciate the photos as I was on the fence about getting even the bucket seats 2nd row. I'm glad they fold down flat and create an open cargo area, its clearly not the same as the standard bench seat but for loading a large item it'll do just fine!

I'm ordering my 2014 Sport on Monday and I've been going back and forth on getting the console or not. I suppose I'll order it with console and if I really don't like it I can remove it and sell it to someone who wants it.

I too appreciate the photos as I was on the fence about getting even the bucket seats 2nd row. I'm glad they fold down flat and create an open cargo area, its clearly not the same as the standard bench seat but for loading a large item it'll do just fine!

I was all set to get buckets and then I had a thought that my Labrador Retriever would then have free rein to walk through from the back, and end up in the front seats when parked. So I crossed off my list!

I was all set to get buckets and then I had a thought that my Labrador Retriever would then have free rein to walk through from the back, and end up in the front seats when parked. So I crossed off my list!
I had the problem with the Sheltie I picked up from a rescue centre last year. Not quite a large as a Lab but bigger than any I had seen before. She was 64.4 lbs then and is 38.2 now. The way I stopped her from moving to the front seat when the 2nd row was down was to open the console door and leave it in the upright position.

Peter

I thought I saw it in this forum, but perhaps not. Anyway, you can order the center console separately. It is about $230.

Keep in mind that the carpet must be cut out to install it into the mounting holes which are already there. This also means that for those of you thinking about ordering it and then removing it if you don't like it, you will have a large piece of carpet missing.

I thought I saw it in this forum, but perhaps not. Anyway, you can order the center console separately. It is about $230.

Keep in mind that the carpet must be cut out to install it into the mounting holes which are already there. This also means that for those of you thinking about ordering it and then removing it if you don't like it, you will have a large piece of carpet missing.
According to the Ford Accessories Store, the console is listed at $357.14.

Peter

Back