2nd-Row Heated Seats | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

JamesK17

Reaction score
City, State
Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
Does anyone with the 2nd row bucket seats on the limited, sport, or platinum have any idea where the button is to activate the second row heated seats? The dealer says they only come on the platinum, but per my 2017 explorer brochure:

Base: No bucket seat option
XLT: Rear - 2nd-Bucket Seats
Limited/Sport/Platinum: Rear - 2nd-row heated bucket seats with power-assist fold feature

there is no trim level with more than one bucket seat listing offered, the above are the only available configurations. I tried the manual, but it only shows what the symbol on the button looks like, not where it is located.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The switches are located on the rear of the front row console.

Peter

2nd row heat.JPG

The Limited has them, I'm pretty sure I read that the Sport does not have them.

The Limited has them, I'm pretty sure I read that the Sport does not have them.
You are correct. I just did a "Compare" between the Limited and Sport and while the 2nd row heated bucket seats are an 'option' on the Limited, it is not available on the Sport.

Peter

Correct that the Limited has it standard and the Sport does not.
I'm getting the Sport and plan to ADD heated seats... $62 pads to be inserted. Lots of you tube videos on how to.

Correct that the Limited has it standard and the Sport does not.
I'm getting the Sport and plan to ADD heated seats... $62 pads to be inserted. Lots of you tube videos on how to.
Did you ever install heated seats on your car? My wife was originally looking at getting a Limited, then I saw that it was just a little more to get the Sport (better engine/towing) so I convinced her to get it. I assumed that if the Limited had heated rear buckets that the Sport would have had them too. I found that you can get the Rear HVAC Controller with the heated seat buttons for ~$150 from Ford (I would try to see if I can source it from a junk yard cheaper). But was wondering if I would just need that controller and to get some pads for the seats? Or is it more involved than that?

Yeah would love to add heated rear seats to my Sport. Disappointed you had to trade heated rear seats, and rain sensing wipers for the big motor.

Back