• Register Today It's free!

2wd lift and grill question

neo71665

Reaction score
City, State
arkansas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 xls exploader
Looking up a few answers for my dad. Truck is a 2003 2wd xls and he wants to lift the front around 1 inch to match the rear. He has a bad back and isn't trying to jack it up for a prerunner just make it easier for him to enter and exit. From my reading a spacer seems to be about the only option but most I see are 4x4s. Is that my answer or is there one I missed?

2nd question I think I know the answer and is gonna be more work than he wants to do but I'll ask anyways. He likes the ranger or sport track grills better. The header panel is already busted from my uncle leaning on it in a spot by the pass headlight so dad wants to replace that but how much trouble to do a front end swap? Looks to be some custom stuff over just bolt ons and thats above what he wants to spend both time and money.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Coil spacers will fit either 2WD or 4WD Explorers, with no difference.

I've never run across any alternative grills, aside from the rare custom versions that some individuals took the time to fabricate themselves. There's an admirable job done by a member on her with a Raptor-esque front grill.

-Dubya

I got to do the rear bearings this weekend and guess I'll just pull the front and see what its gonna take to mill some spacers. Any idea on how tall they need to be to lift the front one inch? All my experience is ripping out factory suspensions and putting my own under it. It seem simple but I've never messed with lifting a factory coil sprung suspension before.

Yeah custom front end is not happening on it. I already have my project blazer sitting in the shop getting a custom grill and modified front fenders.

A 3/4" spacer should give about one inch of lift.

I got to do the rear bearings this weekend and guess I'll just pull the front and see what its gonna take to mill some spacers. Any idea on how tall they need to be to lift the front one inch? All my experience is ripping out factory suspensions and putting my own under it. It seem simple but I've never messed with lifting a factory coil sprung suspension before.

Yeah custom front end is not happening on it. I already have my project blazer sitting in the shop getting a custom grill and modified front fenders.

Back