2wd lift Qs Please help ASAP | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2wd lift Qs Please help ASAP

Reaction score
City, State
Las Vegas, Nevada
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 Xlt
I was able to purchase a superlift 4 inch lift for a 4wd explorer for nearly half the price listed only missing the 2 front shocks. 40 or so bucks a pop. I am curious as to what or why the 4wd lift wont work on a 2wd X.

PLEASE let me know because i would like to see about lifting this weekend :D

Also anyone know if the new leaf spring pack is the same size as stock? or will there be any modifying there ? please help.

Thank you

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well first off your spindels and rotors wont fit it. You have to use there knuckles to get the streering to work right.

Well first off your spindels and rotors wont fit it. You have to use there knuckles to get the streering to work right.

I thought the 2wd first gen was same as the 4wd but with out the chunk in the front but with a straight bar there.

Oh sorry i thought it was for a 2nd gen, in this case the front springs are the same and so are the drop down brackets. As for the rear isnt it just a aal? i dunno.

most lifts for the rear are blocks or aal, but in this case due to the SUA,its gunna be new leafs(most likely)...their is no difference between the 2wd and 4wd kits....

Well the front coils and rear leafs i believe should pop right in. excluding all the work, my main concern is just the drop down brackets working Ibeam and Radius Arm.

its all the same man....

Back