31x10.50 MT/Rs on stock X? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

31x10.50 MT/Rs on stock X?

I am getting some 31x10.50s, either MT/Rs (big local sale) or BFG KOs. I am just checking to make sure these tires (either) will work on a stock '00 XLS 4-door 4x4 w/ stock wheels. I see alot of charts saying yes, but they usually also say 8" wide wheels with what I am sure is different backspacing than the stockers. I plan on being 2" higer in the near future, but I do want the tires to work stock, caus you know how "plans" go.

Also, what kinda mileage are you guys getting out of your MT/Rs? and I guess I need to ask if my XLS w/ OHV will be ok w/ 31s and 3.73s? I know it will add alittle more strain to the tranny, but I will have a cooler installed before the tires go on.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you must have some granny gears in your truck, i didnt notice any realy power decrease from going from 28's to 31's .....yea the v6 has 160 hp, but it also has 230ish foot lbs torque so its not as big as a dog as you seem to think it is

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ZachMan said:
Did they come w/ 160hp too?
Yep, they sure did.

And, there is a general rule around here, you can't make a claim about having a rig on 60s without posting pics. So, get on it!!! ;)

Robb said:
Yep, they sure did.

And, there is a general rule around here, you can't make a claim about having a rig on 60s without posting pics. So, get on it!!! ;)

LOL, get pics this weekend :D

I have 3.73s, I am not saying you will lose alot of power with 31s, I am just saying there isn't alot of power to begin with, thats all. I figure the 30s will do me best cause come this time next year I may be doing alittle drivetrain swap, lol!

Has anyone on here put an Atlas 2 in their Ex?

dman726749 said:
jefe has one and so do a few other members

Ahh good, I am gonna need to start searching for any/all info.

Back