31x10.50 Success! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

31x10.50 Success!

Hey Jon,
Would like to see some pictures. Are they on stock rims? Dead Link RemovedIt's always great when you try something out and it works. Dead Link Removed I have heard many people say that it won't fit then there are those that say they will fit. We can add you to "those that fit". Dead Link Removed
I noticed that you are not signed in the registry. Would you be so kind as to put yourself in the registry forum.
Thanks

------------------
Happy Wheelin'
Ray L.
97 XLT 4X4 4.0L SOHC
Dead Link Removed

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Guys,
Another success story with 31x10.50's...
Drove my '93 with no lift (and some sag<G> ) home today after having Dunlop Mud Rovers installed - no rubbing anywhere. Granted, I didn't go off road and I expect to do a 2" body lift to eliminate wheel rub off road, but they do fit - and look great I might add. Pics will be posted soon on my new website.

Jon M

------------------
Jon McLeod
'93 XLT
K&N Drop-In
Modified Airbox
Kenwood Audio
(Am/Fm cassette head + 6-disc changer in the center console)
Rancho RS5000's

Next project: Headers, 1.5" lift (add-a-leaf and spacers), 31x10.50's

Ray,
I squeezed the tires on the stock 15x7 rims, however, I do plan on getting some 15x8's later on. I couldn't stand not having the tires anymore and gave into my fleshly desires Dead Link Removed
If you go into the registry, you will find my entry dated 2/9/00. I just modified it today to include my website http://161.58.97.104 This site will be up and running by days end today. I think I am the only geek in the world without his own website! Anyhow, check it out later today and let me know what you think. Thanks!

Jon M

BTW - I took her out to play last night and I got to admit, these tires are sticky in the goo! And - no rubbing even under moderate to heavy slamming around (well - heavy for the flatlands of Florida anyhow!)

------------------
Jon McLeod
'93 XLT
K&N Drop-In
Modified Airbox
Kenwood Audio
(Am/Fm cassette head + 6-disc changer in the center console)
Rancho RS5000's

Next project: Headers, 1.5" lift (add-a-leaf and spacers), 31x10.50's

[This message has been edited by JonM (edited 04-15-2000).]

[This message has been edited by JonM (edited 04-15-2000).]

Hi Jon,

How are the Dunlop's on the street? I really wanted them as they look tough as hell but some of the guys on the board and at Tire Kingdom warned me about wet traction. With all the rain we gat here and the amount of time I spend on the boat ramp I whimped out and got thg BFG's.

Sorry I have not been in touch, I took a bunch of time off and away from the computer to do some home improvement.

Can't wait to finally see you rig.

Best regards.
hg

------------------
'91 EB, 4dr, 2wd
www.grimmick.com
hank@grimmick.com

Hank,
The tires have been great so far, but as you no, no rain yet! Noise level is lower than I expected. There is a little float in the steering, but I am putting new bushings in tomorrow along with a front-end alignment - that should take care ot it. These things are great off road. Been playing a few times already and I am amazed at how well they grip the slop! Stop by my site www.jonmcleod.com to see pics! Dead Link Removed

Jon M

------------------
Jon McLeod
'93 XLT
K&N Drop-In
Modified Airbox
Kenwood Audio w/ 6-disc changer
31x10.50 Dunlop Mud Rovers
Rancho RS5000's

Next project: visit http://www.jonmcleod.com for more info!

Hey Jon! Glad you have one of those that fit. Doesn't it really look like the correct size tires the Explorers should have had? I got 31" BFGs on my '91XLT with no lift and the same Rancho RS5000s like you. I think the 31s make the Explorers look much more aggressive. Congratulations!

Jon,
Glad to see they fit. I had a stock 91 XLT and put 31x10.5 BFG Mud T/A's with after market 8.5 American Eagle rims on it. Only had a slight rub when i cranked it hard to the right. Since then I have just put a 3" body lift in it. From what i have been reading I can go a little bigger on the tires. My plans are to put some 33x12.50 under it, just have to decide if I want to stay with BFG's or go to something with a more radical look. Congrats and enjoy! I know they look awesome.

Back