327 error code pain | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

327 error code pain

Iron,
Does it matter which exhaust hose goes to which port on the DPFE?

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes, it does.

Gimme a few minutes and I'll see if I can grab a diagram.

EDIT:

You want the "REF" port to go to manifold vacuum and the other port going to the exhaust.

Iron,
Very odd as they both seem to come off of an exhaust port?

I can go take a picture of mine here in a few minutes and you can see how it's setup. Mine passes KOEO, CM, & KOER with 111 - System Pass.

OK, here ya go.

I uploaded it full-size, so click the link: Clicky Clicky

The "REF" (downstream pressure) vacuum line is the shorter one that connects to the small metal tube in the middle of the photo. The upstream pressure line is the one that goes over by the oil dipstick.

327 yahtzee !

Iron,
Okay here is the latest. Went and bought the BWD part and replaced the Duralast part. As luck would have it the exhaust ports are layed out differently (Duralast - front to back)(BWD - side by side) and I lost track of which was which during the change. After seeing your pic I hooked it up and drove for about 10min.....YAHTZEE !!!! NO CEL....NO ERROR CODE.

Not sure if the BWD did it or if the lines were swapped on the original unit (I am sure that I installed the Duralast replacement with the same port set up as the original). May redo the experiments to confirm for anybody following this in the future and just finalize this thread. But for now it is Scotch time....

Iron,
Thanks so much for hanging in there with me. Cannot believe you were that patient. You rock!!! Is there any way to get you a more personal note using this page? Can I email you?

Glad you got it fixed.

Replied to your PM.

Nice! I've been following the thread since I last posted, impressed at the depth of the troubleshooting skills going on here.

I feel confident it was the Duralast unit in my case also. When it occurred, I even went back and swapped the three different units back in, just to confirm that these codes were being thrown consistently at each change. Yep, Duralast...327 code. Anything other than Duralast...no 327 code. Bizarre.

Anyway...glad you have solved it. Enjoy your well-earned Scotch!

Nice! I've been following the thread since I last posted, impressed at the depth of the troubleshooting skills going on here.

I feel confident it was the Duralast unit in my case also. When it occurred, I even went back and swapped the three different units back in, just to confirm that these codes were being thrown consistently at each change. Yep, Duralast...327 code. Anything other than Duralast...no 327 code. Bizarre.

Anyway...glad you have solved it. Enjoy your well-earned Scotch!

A few posts back where I talked about my Oldsmobile.....it was a Duralast crank sensor that I originally put on and still had problems with. Swapped it with a Echlin unit from Napa that was twice the cost and the car ran fine.

Maybe we need to have a EF advisory against buying Duralast electronic parts. :p:

Great work guys!! I'm excited now...i'm gonna order the part and try swapping mine out. I'll keep you posted.

Back