32s | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

32s

Im planning on putting 32x11.50 mud terrain tires to my XLS 2000, on my stock rims, and lift it 3 inches. I do a lot of highway driving (75 mph) is this safe?
also I have 3.73 LS, should I regear to 4.10?
What parts do I need to regear?
will my Limited slip work on 4.10 gears?

Im new to this, Ive been reading but havent found this answers, I would really appreciate your help.

VITO

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Vito! 32s will be fine at 75mph. I wouldn't go through the hassle of regearing since it will cost you $1200 to do it. 32s should be tollerable with 3.73s. I have em.

Originally posted by section525
Vito! 32s will be fine at 75mph. I wouldn't go through the hassle of regearing since it will cost you $1200 to do it. 32s should be tollerable with 3.73s. I have em.

I agree, thats what I run, you should be fine... now if you have $ to toss 4.10s won't hurt, but I don't think they are necessary.

Originally posted by section525

yeah, but you also got that there V8, JW... the extra torque always helps.

hey, i have 32s with the 4.0 OHV AND 3.27s! if i can manage you can manage! (unfortunately my clutch hates me right now because of it)

Thanks to all
I have a sohc, 2wd

Back