• Register Today It's free!

33s with 2.5?

murdered05X

Reaction score
City, State
greenville ,sc
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 xlt
Ok I am about to but my 2.5 and 2 inch rb lift on. Ok I do not off road and I'm wanting to know if 285/70/17 will fit with that lift and moto metal 17x9 951 black that are negative offset. Let me know my chances. Thanks. I just think 265s are to small with a lift

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You are gonna have to do a good amount of trimming. The rear shouldn't be much of an issue but the front will really need to be trimmed up should just need to trim the front bumper and the wheel well. Do you have rear ac?

Yea I have rear ac I wonder how much trimming and where

Any other opinions or experiences? Some say yes some say no

Any other opinions or experiences? Some say yes some say no

I'd be happy to meet up with you and show you mine if you wanted to see...I'm about a 45 minute drive from GSP...just over the border, near Lake Lure (well...for the next week at least).

You aren't going to be able to fit 33's without having the body lift AND the suspension lift...without significant trimming in the front. Even with my 5.25" of total lift, I still have very slight rub at about 90% turn, but I also have an aggressive tread with my Terra Grapplers...your tires may be different, but either way, with only a 2.5" lift, you aren't going to be steering much without some heavy trimming.

With rear ac I would say don't even try 33s. The ac line is ran in the wheel well and. You will end up running into issues with rubbing that hard line.

This absolutely sucks I mean what size are 265/70/17. They look small. Especially with 2.5 lift. I figured with the offset on the wheels and a little trimming I'd be good

This absolutely sucks I mean what size are 265/70/17. They look small. Especially with 2.5 lift. I figured with the offset on the wheels and a little trimming I'd be good

265/70-17 = 31.6" (more or less) Not all tire brands and models are exactly the same. They are closer to 32 rather than 33. A 75 series of this tire should be closer to 33" (32.6"H / 10.4"W). A 285/70-17 = 32.7" with an 11.2" section width.

It is possible that for that size, a street only tire < all terrain < mud terrain - check the actual tire's specifications. I've seen variations up to 3/4" between street only and M/T even if they are the same numerical sizing.

In other cases, there is even a slight difference between a P and LT rated tire. A dunlop radial rover RVXT P255/70-16 = 30.1" while the same tires in LT255/70-16 = 30.5"

The tires I was looking at were treadwrights guard dog 285/70/17 it comes out to 33"

i fit 33"s on my truck with a 2.5 lift (TTand Shackles). no rubbing, but definatly wouldnt take it offroad.

The tires I was looking at were treadwrights guard dog 285/70/17 it comes out to 33"

Those re-treads are even slightly bigger than a theoretical 285/70-17 of 32.7"H / 11.2"W

According to their website:

285/70-17 TreadWright Guard Dog = 33.3"H / 11.5"W

They are nice tires with excellent pricing but make sure you have the clearance otherwise you are in for some serious rubbing

Thanks guys. I have decided to go for the treadwright 265/70/17 guard dog They measure out at 32.25 so that should fit.

i fit 33"s on my truck with a 2.5 lift (TTand Shackles). no rubbing, but definatly wouldnt take it offroad.

Your truck also is completely different than the one we're referring to. For one, the 3rd gen's use independent front and rear suspensions....

What may fit on a 97 with "TT's and Shackle's" is apples and oranges to a strut-equipped 3rd gen with a completely different wheel base, height, and suspension build.

thanks man . thepotroast i bought the same hid kits as you but mine are 35 watt. ordered them a month ago and still waiting. i guess its a hot kit because they are on backorder. sorry for the copy

thanks man . thepotroast i bought the same hid kits as you but mine are 35 watt. ordered them a month ago and still waiting. i guess its a hot kit because they are on backorder. sorry for the copy

I'm also using the 35w kit as well, the 55w is overkill....my 35's are great, and I never get flashed.

You ordered the DDM's? They were very quick on mine, I ordered them and they arrived in 3 days, both the headlights and my fogs.

Yea man they are the ddm apexcone raptor kit. Paid 80 both kits shipped. 6000k 9006 and 3000k h10

Yea man they are the ddm apexcone raptor kit. Paid 80 both kits shipped. 6000k 9006 and 3000k h10

Nice, their prices are good...sucks they are backordered right now, but the company is the real deal. Hopefully they are staying in contact with you...can't beat their prices.

Hay guys i have a question, Im going to be purchasing the spacers from Branden soon and also a 3 in bd lift and im wondering if i could clear some 255/85r16's witch has a overall diameter of 33.5 in. Think they would fit without trimming ??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back