35x12.5x15 tire on 15x8 rim? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

35x12.5x15 tire on 15x8 rim?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sweeeeeetttt!!! just wasnt sure if the tire would be too wide. Thanks

It will work but, it would look better on a 15 x 10.

Not a problem. If you look through the thread of Xs on 35"s..............probably 75% of those are 35x12.5s on 15x8 wheels.

I have 15 x 10 wheels and 35 x 12.50 tires.

9352gilmer1.jpg

35-12's will work just fine on a 8 inch rim. I personaly would rather have it on a that rim as you can air it down to 10psi with a little less risk of poping it off the bead. Then again I may just be crazy (I am running 33-12's on factory 7inch ford wheels).

12913dcp_0001.jpg

You will get a better pattern with the 15 x 10 more tread contact, and your tires won't be bulging out. I ran my 35's on the factory wheels for a while and I'm telling ya they look a let better and there is less rubbing with the 15 x 10. If your gonna buy get the right ones the first time.

Tread contact on 15x8s will be fine, it isn't a problem. If you already have the 15x8s, just go with them.

If you already have them I agree they you will not have a problem mounting them, however if you are going to buy them, spend the extra 3 dollars and get the 15 x 10.
I had to run lower than normal pressures to get the contact pattern to show properly with the stock 15x7.

Back