• Register Today It's free!

3rd gen Explorer cargo area shade

jetjockey352

Reaction score
City, State
Oklahoma City, OK
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLS V6 RWD
Does a 2002 Explorer Sport have the same cargo area dimensions as a non-sport ex? I'm looking for a cargo shade for my '02 Explorer and the only one I've found is for an '02 sport

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Go with a 4th gen explorer cargo shade. If you go through the dealer they are easier to get, and the 4th gen ones are a lot better than the 3rd gen ones.

The explorer sport I beleive is smaller in the width than the 4-dr explorer

The Sport will use a different shade- like the Gen II shade. The Gen III and IV shades have different ends and attachment points...

You're going to need a gen III/IV 4-door shade like Rick and Nate mentioned.

I have a 2nd gen one in my 4th gen.;) Had to remove the plastic ends for the rear hook in mounts, but it does work. And the front clicked right in:D

a 4 door one will just be longer, in fact I bet there is no sport specific one, even for the earlier models.

thanks guys

I'm hoping the 4th generation fits my '02 like Nate says above.
I've just bought a lightly used one off of eBay. I'll report back once I receive it.

Update: Received the 2009 cargo shade today, fits my 2002 XLT perfectly.:)

The shade on my 02 EB makes an occasional rattling sound when closed...at first I thought it was the sunroof itself (like from the clips mentioned in other posts) but discovered today that when opened AND tapped lightly, it makes the same sound... any ideas on how to solve this?

Barry

Back