Solved - 3rd Gen Explorer Keypad code Location | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Solved 3rd Gen Explorer Keypad code Location

Prefix for threads that contain problems that have been resolved, and there is an answer within the thread.

fodowvovo

Reaction score
City, State
Buffalo NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLT 4.6
I have put together pictures of the location of the code to your kepad on the door.

The code is behind the the pillar on the passenger rear door. First remove some of the weatherstripping around that area where the cover is with the seatbelt going through it.
pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

Next when you remove some weatherstripping there are 2 clips holding the cover on. Just take a flathead screwdriver and slide them to the right. The clips swivel so don't think you will snap them. Here's a pic of the clips.
pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

Next just pull on the rear of the cover closest to the trunk and that clip will pop. Now to remove push up to pop the bottom clips then pull down because there is a longer metal piece holding in the cover up top to the body of the truck. Once that cover is removed you must pull off a little bit of the lower cover to gain access to the module. In the middle of that cover you will see a clip holding it secure and a plastic prong plugged in the body to keep it stable. Just use your screwdriver to slowly unplug that clip. Dont worry about the plastic prong it will just slide out its not clipped in. Next just pry on that cover a little more towards the rear a little past the rear seat and the clip will pop giving you more flexibility to bend the cover to view the module.
Here is the module looking from the top.
pic5.jpg

The code is on a sticker on the right side looking from the top. Just bend the cover a little bit and you will see this.
pic6ab.jpg

pic7ab.jpg

Hope this clarifies it for alot of people!;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Very nice. Thanks. But I'll offer up a suggestion...black out your code in the pictures. I can read it in the 5th picture down. You don't want the entire internet with access to your vehicle.

Mods...maybe you can do something until he reads this and can fix it.

i changed my code so thats fine. thanks for the heads up though.

No...you haven't disabled that code. The factory code ALWAYS works regardless of what you have changed it to. I can promise you that I can walk up to your car right this moment and unlock it. I'm just trying to help you out here. You never know who is reading this stuff.

Back