Security Keyless Keypad Code Location 2003 Explorer Sport XLT | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Security Keyless Keypad Code Location 2003 Explorer Sport XLT

It is not here in my truck, any other suggestions?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thank you!

Hello
Just joined the forum after purchasing a 2003 Ford Explorer Sport 2 Door.
After much Googling and reading this was by far the best and easiest post to understand.
Myself and some work buds took care of this in no time after work.
It was exactly as you said and very easy.
I do suggest to disconnect the battery first.
What i didn't get clearly (I do now) is you have to remove the Airbag screws FIRST before anything else. Once these screws are removed, disconnect the airbag and it comes right out!.

Cheers

Really old email listed here now updated to get replies... Glad its still helping people!

*** NOTICE: This is ONLY for the Explorer Sport and is NOT for the Sport TRAC ***

Also.. I still have the Sport though its starting to show its ago. :(

Instead of ripping it apart just remove the windshield vent trim. And you can see it.

I been looking everywhere and this is one place it might be, about to give up and let the dealer pull it from the computer. I cant see any pictures can someone upload them.
This is for the 2 door model?

I been looking everywhere and this is one place it might be, about to give up and let the dealer pull it from the computer. I cant see any pictures can someone upload them.
This is for the 2 door model?

This is for the 2003 Sport which yes is the 2-door. It is not the Trac. Photos are displaying fine for me...

2004 sport Trac. This worked great. 8mms for the airbags and 7mms for the security module. I tried from above and I don't see how it could be done.

That's where the module and code were (behind the airbag) in my late production '01 Sport Trac, though someone on the forum swore up & down that it wasn't and that it was located in the compartment behind the rear seat. Maybe he was thinking about the '95-2001 Sport and 4-doors Ex's... ?

I got lucky, searching the owners manual and a laminated card fell out with my code.

*** NOTICE: This is ONLY for the Explorer Sport and is NOT for the Sport TRAC ***

Tools Needed: 7mm and 8mm sockets, a ratchet and an extension.

A few things to get straight right up front...
  • First: It is NOT located in the rear drivers side Jack compartment!
  • Second: It is NOT located in the passengers side C-Pillar by the 2nd row seats!
  • Third: It is NOT found on a sticker by itself!

I spent a week searching through forums here and elsewhere online and the above 2 locations is where everyone says it was located. I know this because I have completely removed the rear panels and pillar trim on both sides of my 2003 Explorer Sport XLT and it was NOT located in either of these places.

I then found a thread here by 'n3elz' saying it may be found by going up through the glove box, behind the passengers air-bag in the dash. Figured I'd give it a look and W00t! :bounce: there it was.

The process in finding it is quite easy and only requires removing 4 screws above and behind the glove box.

1. To start simply open and empty out the glove box. Once empty push in on the sides of the glove box, as shown in the photo, and drop it down.
29478842044_d0f3781bd0_c.jpg

album-72157673478624992

2. This image shows up into the dash from the floor and displays the 2 screws holding in the passengers air-bag. Removing these 2 screws allows you to remove the air-bag.
30072406126_8a042d6bc9_c.jpg

3. I found that the airbag wanted to pull out from the right side first as shown in the image with the red line. Once this side pulled free the whole unit pulled straight out.
29478841954_83a0e1b2f7_c.jpg

4. Here are the 2 screws securing the RAP (Remote Anti-theft Personality module)! This is of course what we are looking for. The 5-digit code is located on the top. Remove the 2 screws and pull the module out.
30072406076_e2e15243c0_c.jpg

5. The module will pull out and swing towards the passenger door due to the wires.
29812156530_d6ec997039_c.jpg

6. Finally you'll notice the 5-digit code! Write it down, take a picture, tell your wife/husband and then help everyone else out by telling them where you found it!
Note: For security reasons I've hidden my code however it was located in Thick Black Bold Text where you see the blue block in this image.
29478841864_19927b9a26_c.jpg

Hope this helps all you 2003 Sport owners out there! :salute:
THANK YOU!!! As pointed out by others I tried every wrong suggestion found everywhere online and about tore my explorer to shreds in the process before I found this. Thank you so much for taking the time to post this with all the pictures and steps. You're brilliant.

• Second: It is NOT located in the passengers side C-Pillar by the 2nd row seats!

I spent a week searching through forums here and elsewhere online and the above 2 locations is where everyone says it was located. I know this because I have completely removed the rear panels and pillar trim on both sides of my 2003 Explorer Sport XLT and it was NOT located in either of these places.

I then found a thread here by 'n3elz' saying it may be found by going up through the glove box, behind the passengers air-bag in the dash. Figured I'd give it a look and W00t! :bounce: there it was.

The process in finding it is quite easy and only requires removing 4 screws above and behind the glove box.

1. To start simply open and empty out the glove box. Once empty push in on the sides of the glove box, as shown in the photo, and drop it down.
View attachment 331974
album-72157673478624992

2. This image shows up into the dash from the floor and displays the 2 screws holding in the passengers air-bag. Removing these 2 screws allows you to remove the air-bag.
View attachment 331975

3. I found that the airbag wanted to pull out from the right side first as shown in the image with the red line. Once this side pulled free the whole unit pulled straight out.
View attachment 331976

4. Here are the 2 screws securing the RAP (Remote Anti-theft Personality module)! This is of course what we are looking for. The 5-digit code is located on the top. Remove the 2 screws and pull the module out.
View attachment 331977

5. The module will pull out and swing towards the passenger door due to the wires.
View attachment 331978

6. Finally you'll notice the 5-digit code! Write it down, take a picture, tell your wife/husband and then help everyone else out by telling them where you found it!
Note: For security reasons I've hidden my code however it was located in Thick Black Bold Text where you see the blue block in this image.
View attachment 331979

Worked 👍

View attachment 331974
album-72157673478624992

View attachment 331975

View attachment 331976

View attachment 331977

View attachment 331978

View attachment 331979

You’re a badass bro, I’ve been looking everywhere for so long. Hell yeah man thank you

Back