3rd Gen Explorer mods | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

3rd Gen Explorer mods

Explorer46L said:
I just got my FMS (AKA Ground Force) springs in and am having them installed on Tuesday. I noticed that you have Eibach springs and Monroe shocks. Do you think the shocks really help?

Well its hard for me to say as I did a complete spring and shock swap... so I could not really have a fair comparion with Eibachs and stocks shocks or compared to Eibachs with Monroe shocks.

All I know is that it drives smoother on the straights than the stock setup and through the turns its day and night.

The gas-adjust shocks work accourding to how hard your driving... the harder you take a turn the more stiff the shocks become. At least thats what Monroe told me...

I want to say the shocks really due help.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So what is the name of the Monroe's that you got, and where did you get them? I looked at Monroe's website but it isn't very helpful and I can't seem to find anyone that sells them online.

They are the Reflex

Part numbers:

Front: 931321
Rear: 931322

I bought them from a place called true line from San Diego. Maybe they can process you over the phone and send them out. Talk to Chris: 619 426 2888

I start her up tomorrow... Cant wait!!!!

got done sooner.... just started her like 2 hours ago... started as if we never took her apart, outstanding!!! tomorrow will be the first test drive.

awd

do you got pics of your 02 svt explorer and do you got sound clips or video of it

Sams01XplrSprt said:
awd

do you got pics of your 02 svt explorer and do you got sound clips or video of it

yes... but i have no idea ow to post them... can i send them to you and you post them???

i dunno how to post them on here either awd

but can u send me the pics so i can check it out. Also do you got sound clips of the explorer too.

my e-mail address is samrezadelrooz@sbcglobal.net

yeah sure... ill get some pics out to ya. Im just waiting for my wideband LM1 and my Xcal 2 to arrive to fine tune her. Im running really rich at the moment and I have her parked untill this is cured... not even broken in yet. Once I get her tuned ill send you some sound clip..... she sounds meeeannnnn!!! ;)

pics are in the mail :cool:

awd your explorer looks awesome and it looks mean too.

alright when you get her tuned up send me a sound clip of it. Anyways you got a one mean and tough looking explorer there bro keep up the good work.

Gracias!!!

Im glad you like it. Its been a pretty intense project. I will send you a pic of the motor also soon.

The motor has been a three month project. I just got my LM1 today... hopefully by Tuesday Ill have my Xcal2 and a few days after that I hope to have her in heaven.

Ill keep you posted.

Cheers :cool:

awd

you should also have a video of your explorer of you like starting it up and taking off too that would be bad ass. I would love to see your explorer peeling out and burning some rubber. So if ya get a chance to a video of you starting it up and then taking off too.

I am going to do more **** on my X. Mine is just with dual chamber 2 flowmasters and customized yellow fogs.

sounds like a plan. i just got my wideband LM1 and I should be getting my Xcal2 next week.... getting warmer!!!

Heres my baby....

pic6newest.jpg
pic8newest.jpg
pic9newest.jpg
pic12newest.jpg
pic16newest.jpg
pic19newest.jpg

pic16newest.jpg

EDIT

dannyb420 said:
Im in for that! I am waiting for this crappy weather to end, then Im doing quite a bit of work. Its hard to find many people doing mods to 3rd generation explorers. Thanks for the idea!
K&N Filter(S)??? Do you have a primary and secondary air filter? Let me know I'm planning on doing mine in the spring.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2005 Xlt

Hello every one, good to hear there are more who want to modify their units, I would like to hear comments on cold air intakes and waht is recommended, as well as performance reults.

Does it affect the engine in any negative way?

What about chips?

Back