Photos - 3rd gen pic's | Page 255 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Thanks for the suggestion! I did separate and paint the headlight housing, but it did nothing (obviously) for the side marker lights. I wasn't sure if I should use niteshade on the front lights or if I should replace the corner lights with some amazon ones. I can't seem to find any black side lights only, they seem to come in a package or not at all. As for the bumper, I've been yard hopping and found one that's a different color, anyone had any luk with the duplicolor perfect match paint?

Nightshades on the turn signals! look at the picture i posted above...

either mask them off and spray it for $5 or have to buy new signals and then install them?? i'll mask and spray anyday haha

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nightshades on the turn signals! look at the picture i posted above...

either mask them off and spray it for $5 or have to buy new signals and then install them?? i'll mask and spray anyday haha

Niteshade it is! Walmart on my way home today, will post pics soon. Thanks
--Good Looking Ex BTW
Derek

If u already opened your headlights y not just open the turn signals too. Then u can have it inside of the light black and not a tinted lense which wont match your headlights

If u already opened your headlights y not just open the turn signals too. Then u can have it inside of the light black and not a tinted lense which wont match your headlights

Can the side marker lights be split? I thought they were sealed differently, I'll check when I get home tonight. Thanks,
Derek

They use the same glue/ adhesive. U can heat and split them the exact same way. I opened mine and painted them white. Then resealed them with waterproof silicon

Almost done with mine. Just need to install the strut spacers, and I'll call it quits.
C5254105-C3EE-467E-8ADA-CA1475781D4F.jpg

11CAB39C-6CBC-4000-888B-3DB72DBFE5DB.jpg

As of a few hours ago, here is the wife's 02. Just installed monroe quick struts and BTF Fabrication 3" front lift & 2.5" rear lift spacers.

2014-07-12153017_zps2a62cdf1.jpg

2014-07-12153059_zpsc1a027d2.jpg

2014-07-12153114_zps2c71e407.jpg

teaser of new wheel to come
2014-07-12132838_zpsef6c756f.jpg

Went on a bit of a camping trip out bush in the Explorer, whilst out we did a bit of wheeling... sorry about the poor photos only have an old iPhone 4.
OffRoadin5_zpsb5a98cff.jpg

OffRoadin_zps023beb6c.jpg

OffRoadin4_zpsd1c18d8d.jpg

OffRoadin2_zpsf50f23c9.jpg

OffRoadin3_zps685c50ee.jpg

OffRoadin6_zps617bb5b6.jpg

The truck is pretty much stock except the BFG Muddies in 265/75 16. It went really well in the sloppy stuff. We had a ball.

Nice, are those rally raid type wheels? I don't ever recall seeing wheels like that on an Explorer.

They look like factory Ford Au fairmont wheels.

Might have to pick some up for mine instead of bashing the 17s up

'04 xlt

3mELQSjl.jpg

qeSFwFAl.jpg

two years in, little by little it's coming along.
about to break 114K, i love this thing.

Close Mendy, they're 2004 Ford Fairlane Ghia rims 16" rims, my mate donated them so I could run a 16" tyre and keep my highway tyres on the factory 17s.

Nice setup Nudge; they look just like Braids or those fancy Landie (Wolf) Blindos to me.

Close Mendy, they're 2004 Ford Fairlane Ghia rims 16" rims, my mate donated them so I could run a 16" tyre and keep my highway tyres on the factory 17s.

Still looks tops Nudge
If you want to run an under bonnet dual battery setup let me know and I'll send you the info,

I do Mendy... that is one of the next things on the list. Lift the truck then dual batteries

Still looks tops Nudge
If you want to run an under bonnet dual battery setup let me know and I'll send you the info,

I'll also take that info! We go fishing a lot and have drained my battery running my led lights at night while night fishing off the shore.

itsGerson, I am inlove with your truck, Might have to wrap mine!!!

OffRoadin8_zpsde1eaafb.jpg

The boys I go bush with, Carlo on the left with his 2007 GU Nissan Patrol running a 4.2L Turbo Diesel 6, Me with my 2004 Explorer running a 4.6L V8 and Kenny with his 1993 Land Rover Discovery 1 running a 3.5L Alloy EFI V8 and his puppy, Vader!

OffRoadin7_zpsf67fce6e.jpg

Bad pic but it's me and my TRUCK!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Why tires are you running gerson?

Back