Photos - 3rd gen pic's | Page 72 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Just on Ebay, I don't remember the specific seller.

I'll have to look on ebay. I have the corners w/ the clear reflectors because I couldn't find the corners w/ orange reflectors.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'll have to look on ebay. I have the corners w/ the clear reflectors because I couldn't find the corners w/ orange reflectors.

It took me awhile of searching on there before I found those ones and not just the clear ones.

Looks nice man. I need to get my front windows tinted sometime this spring.

Finally got my windows tinted

i got 20% all the way around. front windows are dark enough and back are pretty much limo
just for comparison, stock tint on rear windows is right around 22%

Looks really good. Where did you get the FX4 decal?

X2. 20% look's awesome, as does the fx4!:thumbsup:

Looks really good. Where did you get the FX4 decal?

thanks!

i went to the local ford stealership and got the part number for the FX4 decal off a 2003 or 2004 F-250 then went to tasca parts .com and ordered them by part number. Cost me somewhere around $35 per side but well worth it becuase so far they havent peeled/faded like some cheapy ebay knockoff might've

thanks!

i went to the local ford stealership and got the part number for the FX4 decal off a 2003 or 2004 F-250 then went to tasca parts .com and ordered them by part number. Cost me somewhere around $35 per side but well worth it becuase so far they havent peeled/faded like some cheapy ebay knockoff might've

Thanks for the info. Any tips on prep work you did before installing it?

Thanks for the info. Any tips on prep work you did before installing it?

Mix one pump of hand soap with one full 12oz spray bottle and shake to mix up. Clean the area throughly with the spray.spray the truck, peel off the clear backing on the decal, heavily spray the adhesive side of the decal. position decal how/where you want it on the truck and, just like window tint, take a credit card and squeegee out the water/air bubbles starting from the center and working your way out to the edges. i wasn't sure if a heat gun would melt the decal too much so i didn't use one. Let dry for about 2 hours. After two hours go out and peel off the white paper on the front side of the decal. you're done!

probably best to do in a garage so you don't get debris between the truck and decal

Thank you sir! :salute:

yes i love the black with orange ... ive got black/clear also ... think we could just spray the clear with nightshades and turn out good?

Got my painted headlights and new corners in today. Here's a couple pics...

IMAG0076.jpg

IMAG0075.jpg

Awesome effort mate. Top notch result!!

Looks awesome! I like the front plate. ;)

Thanks guys. :)

Looks awesome! I like the front plate. ;)

Haha yeah, I live and breathe Sox baseball.

Next on my list is to tint the front windows to match the rest of the factory tint. Also get some new tail lights. I'm thinking about either the LEDs like a few rides on here have, smoked of course to match the front, or getting some 4th gen tail lights.

the ground is a BIT more thawed than i thought.... hhmm.. you know? I don't think that road is finished, either...

btf spacers? 265's? body lift? your truck looks tall from that angle

265-75-R16s and a 3" body lift

yes i love the black with orange ... ive got black/clear also ... think we could just spray the clear with nightshades and turn out good?

that's what i did to my stock ones. i couldn't figure out how to get them off the truck (not as easy as the headlights i guess?) so i just masked around them and put ample newspaper to protect my paint from overspray. i need to do them again, i just did my tails again before the photos that i just posted but they would use another few passes now (front corners)

DSCN0104.jpg

i couldn't figure out how to get them off the truck (not as easy as the headlights i guess?)

To remove turn signals, remove screw indicated by white arrow and pull turn signal straight out:

9dDRIVERONLY-RemoveHeadlightTurnSignal.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah I pulled my corners out no problem once that one screw was taken out.

Back