Photos - 3rd gen pic's | Page 149 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

crack.jpg

Is this really common? And how come? I have seen it everywhere on explorers. Way to prevent it?!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is this really common? And how come? I have seen it everywhere on explorers. Way to prevent it?!

Extremely.

The glue holding the plastic on isn't flexible enough. The glass expands and contracts at a different rate so then the crack is created because the plastic cant expand fast enough and just rips apart.

Not unless you take it off, repair it , then and re glue with more flexible glue, many people on here recommend using 3M foam backed adhesive similar to
386115451_412.jpg

I may be wrong, let someone else confirm what I said, its been a couple months since I've read about this subject.

I'm actually kinda sure there's a class action lawsuit on them and ford will fix it. But I'm not completely positive I'm going to call up the dealership and see how it goes.

I'm actually kinda sure there's a class action lawsuit on them and ford will fix it. But I'm not completely positive I'm going to call up the dealership and see how it goes.

i can 100% guarantee you that nothing will happen. this is not a safety issue so ford will not address it.

Oh well if not like I said I'll get it fixed at the body shop and have the emblem removed and it will finally be debagded.

I haven't asked yet. But I hope it isn't that much. If it is I'll just leave it for now and fix it later, it isn't hurting anything.

how much?

I got quoted $250 just for the panel...no paint :(

well my glass had broke on the rear and i got a brand new panel and glass covered by insurance. the paint was around 105$

IMAG0082.jpg

Yeah yeah, I know. Haven't gotten to any of the fancy exterior pieces yet.

But hey, even with the split running board it looks better than the two dead Chevy's and the Heep 'o' S*** sitting across the street.

IMAG0082.jpg

Yeah yeah, I know. Haven't gotten to any of the fancy exterior pieces yet.

But hey, even with the split running board it looks better than the two dead Chevy's and the Heep 'o' S*** sitting across the street.

Haha, speaking the truth! :thumbsup: Great looking Explorer! Can't wait to see what you come up with in the mods department.

Haha, speaking the truth! :thumbsup: Great looking Explorer! Can't wait to see what you come up with in the mods department.

Thanks, I can't go too crazy with it, because it IS my girlfriends truck. But i have a few ideas I haven't seen done yet. Maybe once shes seen what I can do with the ranger she will give me a little more room to play.

Wow I remember when this thread just started keep it up guys. I'll have pics of my new 3rd gen coming soon.

Wow I remember when this thread just started keep it up guys. I'll have pics of my new 3rd gen coming soon.

Glad to see you back around these parts, bud. Welcome back! Hope things are well and I look forward to seeing the new 3rd Gen.

Great pics and vids! Looks like a good time.:thumbsup:

Winter is coming and I'm looking forward to taking some snow pictures:D Plan on redoing the doughnut/snow drift vid I did last time!

X2 for sure. love the snow!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back