4.0 SOHC ENGINE OIL PRESSURE PLUG . .HELP !!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

4.0 SOHC ENGINE OIL PRESSURE PLUG . .HELP !!!

bigtime57

Reaction score
City, State
Russell Springs, Kentucky
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Explorer Eddie Bauer
I NEED SOME HELP ON THE WIRING ON MY 99 EXP 4.0 SOHC. I ACCIDENTLY PULLED THE WIRES OUT OF MY ENGINE OIL PRESSURE PLUG WHICH PLUGS INTO THE BLOCK ON THE DRIVERS SIDE OF THE ENGINE IT HAS THREE WIRES GOING INTO THE PLUG. WHAT I NEED TO KNOW WHAT COLOR WIRE GOES INTO WHICH SPOT (THERE IS 3 WIRES). I HAVE THE PLUG OUT AND THE WIRES WILL GO BACK INTO IT AND HOLD I JUST NEED TO KNOW WHICH WIRE GOES WHERE IN THE PLUG. PLEASE HELP!!!:(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What year of X do you have?

Hes got a 99

When I was messing with my oil pressure sender there was just one wire that plugged into it. I looked kinda like a spark plug wire and just popped onto the sender and if I remember correctly it was green. Maybe they changed things in 99? Or maybe I'm confused as to what your talking about?

LOL, wow those CAPS through me off and didn't even see the obvious :)

oil pressure switch

I hope I am calling the wires I need the right thing!! I have an electrical book I got from a mechanic from Ford but the book doesnt tell what color the wires are . . If you look on the drives side of the engine in front of the starter all by iteslf in the side of the block is the sending unit I am looking at, it is white in color and has a hole in the side of the nut in which I took a small pick and pushed in and the connector released itself. If I am calling this the wrong thing please someone let me know. The wire is one big wire but next to the connector mine has three wires coming out of it ( They look like they are green,black,tan/orange) I will wipe them off real good tonight and get the right colors. Thanks

got the wire colors

the three wires are colored as follows
green/white
black
white/orange

if anybody can help me i would greatly appreciated it!!

Can you get a picture of this?

maybe, i will try today to get a pic of the wires and the end and the block. thanks

Back