4.0 sohc...turbo or super charge? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

4.0 sohc...turbo or super charge?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

youre gonna kill youre poor explorer dude. think about exhaust and air intakes and **** like that, not boosting a notoriously problematic SOHC. or just get a honda and call it a day....

Intake, Headers, Exhaust and Computer upgrades would be your first place to start. That would ensure a good engine flow. You'll be happy with the butt-dyno performance until you're able to afford upgrading your transmission and full drive-train performance upgrades capable of supporting the Turbo's power.

Superchargers are nice, but are driven by your crank; therefore you're using HP to make HP. Turbo's run off of your wasted heat (Exhaust) and provide a broader range of HP depending on what turbo you run.

FWIW, I Supercharged my Mountaneer 5L, by the time all was said and done, it cost me about $5000, between the supercharger (right from Ford//complete kit) cat back exhaust, gauges(wide band, fuel, boost), and tunes....

Is it fast? Yes, was it worth it? Yes, Was it expensive? YES

Back