turbo or supercharger? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

turbo or supercharger?

i heard the latest model of Lightning had some sort of tank that holds super cooled air and when at WOT it dumps it into the intake or something...is that true?

Dom

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

98twodoor said:
i heard the latest model of Lightning had some sort of tank that holds super cooled air and when at WOT it dumps it into the intake or something...is that true?

Dom

That was on the concept 3rd gen Lightning, which never went into production. It used the A/C system to feed cooler air into the supercharger, good for an additional 50 horses. I don't remember the specifics.

Anybody heard of the Turbonator product? It's only about 70 bucks and it's supposed to increase your fuel economy by an average 20% MPG increase and power by 20 HP. If anybody has one of these, what do you think of it? Good, bad, alright? Is it worth it?

https://www.turbonator.com/index.html

Thanks to you 410, I didn't think it would work, but I didn't think it would actually reduce horsepower or mileage either.

ohhh those tornados are JUNK....its been proven. Theres a similar thing for diesel turbos called the TAG (Turbo Air Guide) and that does nothing either...people making useless products :banghead:

Dom

Back