• Register Today It's free!

4.0L, 5 spd, transfer case value

SuperKirby

Reaction score
City, State
Central MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Explorer XLT
When I bought my 93, it came with a bunch of spare parts. Of those parts is a pretty much complete 4.0, 5 spd transmission, and transfer case from a 93 or 94 Ranger. They've all been sitting and taking up space, and the wife is starting to get tired of them being in the way. I'm thinking about selling one or all 3 of them to fund some other upgrades. Question is, what are they worth? I was told they all worked fine and the Ranger they came from had about 120k miles.

I paid $200 for a transfer case when I was stranded in Hisperia Ca, and the spare I have at the house I paid $50 for. Those are electric shift versions...

A manual shift transfer case with shifter is worth more since they are much more rare to find in the junk yards..

If a motor runs (is in a truck so people can see/hear it run) you can get upwards of $300-$500 for it... (at least that is what we've sold a couple for)...

No idea what a manual 5 speed will go for.. I wouldn't expect that much as that is pretty common... (of course, so is the motor).

~Mark

Back