4.0L OHV 410 cam Vs 422 cam Vs stock | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

4.0L OHV 410 cam Vs 422 cam Vs stock

I agree. Just concerns me to keep driving it more and more with the burnt valve. Maybe it won't hurt anything, but it seems to be burning so rich at idle I worry about washing the rings on that cylinder.

Was under the understanding that the lifters could be held at the highest possible point, allowing room to install cam without pulling heads.

Have you any first hand experience with Delta on the cams? It's a big solid hard part, unlike the rockers.

I agree. Just concerns me to keep driving it more and more with the burnt valve. Maybe it won't hurt anything, but it seems to be burning so rich at idle I worry about washing the rings on that cylinder.

Was under the understanding that the lifters cold be held at the highest possible point, allowing room to install cam without pulling heads.

Have you any first hand experience with Delta on the cams? It's a big solid hard part, unlike the rockers.
I personally dont but regrinds are looked down on across the board in almost any motor..

I think @Dono used one

Is that cylinder still firing?? If not you can unplug the injector and save the rings and the cats

It's firing. There's a noticeable change when I unplug the injector. Power is ever so slightly changed but the idle and acceleration is heavily impacted. Runs like crap, as expected.

Back