4.6L supercharger who wants to put it on?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

4.6L supercharger who wants to put it on??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

they probably just made sure it fit and started then took it off... a lot of it is the same as the 4.6L blowers, which is the only reason they made it because it uses a lot of the same parts. Thats also why they already know it works and dont care to dyno it right away.

doesn't matter if its mostly the same, buyers always have to see proof on their vehicles to purchase something, i'm sure if they did would get a lot more interest in it at a competitive price, i know i'd be all over it with a nice demonstration, if i had a 4.6X that is, lol

I got a deal for ya. To heck with the Allen kit!! How about you buy 2 Kenne Bell 99+ Mustang GT charger kits (intercooled 9 psi) and I will modify and install one on your truck and the other on mine of course. All ya got to do is sit back and watch and drink beer or something. lol.

This is pic of it installed in either an '02+ Mountaineer or an '02 + Explorer:

Allen Supercharger

That may be a good kit for some. But I just dont go with the little Eaton M90's. Even if they are the S series. I mean what does the new gen cobra's run? a 120 right? And even the 1.7L KB kit offered for the new Gen GT's puts out more power at the same psi than that. The Allen kit is very cool if you dont want to mess with much but still want to have a decent supercharged vehicle. I guess it is all in what your plans are.

Back