• Register Today It's free!

4 link rear end...

phatx

Reaction score
City, State
Melbourne, Victoria
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 XL
Hi guys im looking to see if any of you guys have a supplier that sells 4 links for the rear of a 98 explorer. its not jacked up and its not a offroad weapon, its a 98 thats getting schlapped on its rails, i know thats exactly what u guys probs hate but hey, kids these days huh?

im sitting it on its arse and i want a 4 link setup to hold the diff in a good angle to the driveline. so if anyone knows of a bolt on kit for a 4 link setup (even if it has to be modified) that would be a start at least other wise has anyone got a pic or 2 of a 4 link they have installed that is based around the orig suspension system.

your help would be much appreciated, thanx again

Yours sincerly
Ryan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

only 4 linked explorer's I know are desert trucks with lots of travel.
Not much room to work with under an Ex.....

Attachments

• xj_coilover_conv.JPG
    xj_coilover_conv.JPG
    15.3 KB · Views: 551

Hey I saw one of those kits being installed on a Liberty last week, not bad! 7" of lift, was a nice little truck for sure!

I dont think he wants a long arm kit for a lowered truck though :)

I don't have any pics, but I saw a lowered truck once that had the leaf springs cut off just after the axle, then they added a few leaves to strengthen the half that was left, added a pan hard bar and installed airbags. It turned out to be an inexpensive and easy way to keep the geometry close to stock and have and adjustable suspension.

you really think one of those kits could be adaptable? because that would be awesome.

yeah sounds like im going to have alot of fun here...
7" of lift 410fortune? thats mad! but i kinda want 10" of drop! hahaha
went 4wd'ing with a mate today tho, smashed a CV and sheared off an axle....few thousand bux woith there.....i will leave real 4wd'ing to the experts.
You guys have rock sliders, i will have ground sliders!

so thats it? no info on 4 links?

Back