4r55e back in for cutting corners(used old bands) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

4r55e back in for cutting corners(used old bands)

toy720

Reaction score
City, State
fort worth tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Exp 4x4 5r55w 4.0l
4r55e rebuild again

the pan is off and here we go as you can see the the strut and the band
lug were in the pan this was from the intermediate band the strut was pretty
worn it must have been riding on the drum i wonder how bad the drum is we will find out sat. and after a little work the tranny is out will tear into it sat

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You should have the alignment tool tomorrow.

as you can see i had to get a new direct drum do the strut eating the drum
set me back 35.00 luckily a shop close by had one.

ok ive lost alot of pictures but everything internal was good i had pictures
of almost everything but when i went to upload i lost them (piece of **** new digital camera like i dont know how to use use it?) anyway here is a few pictures i retook but a,most after we were done!!!!!!

as you can see i was putting the reverse servo in then the next picture is the finished pump to housing done and done with the alignment tool thank you glacier.

next is a picture with everything redone all the way up to the center support.
once again i was trying to make a 4r55e half ass diary but since i just learned how to use a digital camera i guess we will wait for the next genius (haaaa-haaaa). i will post the rest of the rebuild if i can upload right.

we were looking for a thrill and a way to clean out the tranny haaa haaa

here is a picture of where i put the new drain plug if anyone has a different suggestion i guess i will have to get another pan

and the next picture is a well i guess i will send my helper home pretty much useless now!!!!!!!

ok after about 140.00 for a new kit, tranny is back in and shifts great just a lesson learned if you plan a rebuild then dont cut corners like i did and use the old bands they are not that expensive and it sure was a pita to pull it out and put it back in.

If I could cut and paste comments into the A4LD rebuild thread that would get a HUGE type face in bold.

"If you plan a rebuild, don't cut corners!"

Thank you for illustrating that point and helping others. Glad all is well now.

Back