4R55E solenoid replacement?

Drewcifer

Reaction score
City, State
Milwaukee, WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
96' XLT
hello again,

So i have a quick question about the 2-3 flare im having in my 96' explorer xlt 4R55E trans. with OD light and OBD II code: (P0756 Shift Solenoid B Performance or Stock Off)

Is there a certain procedure in replacing solenoid(s)? Or can you just "pull" them out?

After doing a little research i have yet to come to a good conclusion as to go about replacing it.

Any help? Thank you.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You have to remove the solenoid bracket first. How do you know that the solenoid is really bad? Was it check with a multimeter? Sometimes it could be a bad connection inside of the internal wiring harness. Did you find any band parts in the pan?

hello

Hello ; I FIXED MY CODE WHEN I REPLASED THE SELENOIDS , NAPA HAD THEM BUT TOO EXPENSIVE $75 PER EACH BUT I FOUND A TRANSMISSION PARTS STORE AT SOUTH SIDE 'THERE PRISE $44 EACH AND THE PROBLEM GO AWAY:)

Great info website on the solenoids. From what this site shows me, the savings are impressive but is this site trustworthy for purchases?

also an update: I did not meter the solenoids, and i didn't replace the EPC. The fluid was fairly worn out (not burned) no band parts at all in pan, pan was clean except a very little sludge on magnet. Put everything back together after and all other shifts are smooth and clean but O/D and 2-3 shift flare problem still exists.

I am confident it is the EPC gone sour.

FYI I had a 2-3 flare on a 4r55e and I first tried the seperator plate update, no change, then a new EPC, no change. I bet a new VB with all new solenoids would have done it but instead I got a total rebuild, probably unnecessarily but at least the flare was fixed.

Great info website on the solenoids. From what this site shows me, the savings are impressive but is this site trustworthy for purchases?
Some members purchased parts from them, and didn't have any problems. They claim that their parts are low in price because they purchase overstock or in bulk from dealerships that want to liquidate. I can't verify it since I've never purchased frrom them, but other people have, and they seem to be fine.

Back