4R55E transmission with code P0756 (advice needed) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

4R55E transmission with code P0756 (advice needed)

dink07

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 xlt
Well I have done a lot of reading about this and I am still a little uncertain. I have the 4R55E transmission with the code of P0756. It has 145,000 miles and was running great until yesterday when it gave me this code and since has not ran well at all. I was wondering if I should replace the transmission or just try to replace the B Shift solenoid. And if I should replace the solenoid I am a little inexperienced and was wondering how difficult it would be to replace. Is the solenoid accessible by just dropping the pain and removing the filter or is there more that needs to be done. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So will I be able to access the valve body by just dropping the pan and filter or is there more to it? Once I get to the valve body I think I got it.

Well I have done a lot of reading about this and I am still a little uncertain. I have the 4R55E transmission with the code of P0756. It has 145,000 miles and was running great until yesterday when it gave me this code and since has not ran well at all. I was wondering if I should replace the transmission or just try to replace the B Shift solenoid. And if I should replace the solenoid I am a little inexperienced and was wondering how difficult it would be to replace. Is the solenoid accessible by just dropping the pain and removing the filter or is there more that needs to be done. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

im having the same problem did you ever fix it.:exp:

Back